What Do You Think Of This Airbrush??

Business By CakeInfatuation Updated 31 Jul 2009 , 2:10pm by CakeInfatuation

CakeInfatuation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeInfatuation Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 2:58pm
post #1 of 4

I'm searching for an airbrush now that I've had a chance to use the one from the shop. I'm totally addicted to the thing but I wanted more features than the simplistic one the bakery has. I thought I'd ask you guys because with the volume you do, you'd probably have a better idea of the features you love and hate.

The price on the gun below is roughly $130.

Air Pro Tools is a leading manufacturer that sells precision built, professional quality air brushes, air compressors and supplies at prices that won't break the bank.

Here at Auction*air we are all about the art, we are all about product performance, and we are all about the absolute highest in product quality. Throw in our outsanding customer service and there is not a better winning combination anywhere.

Our customers demand the best products and the best results possible - and we deliver - without excuses and without compromise!

Now the Details...

This kit is very popular with cake decorators, salons and temporary tattoo artists. Our customers rave about the quality of this airbrush kit, which includes fine (.2mm), medium (.3mm), and large (.5mm) needles and nozzles, our super quiet, compact and reliable AC-176 mini air compressor, a pistol grip mini air filter, quick disconnect and braided air hose!

This kit is a fantastic buy for professional studio use, yet easy to operate for beginners and hobby users alike.

Take a look at the detailed product descriptions below......
Air Pro Tools AC-176 Air Compressor

The Air Pro Tools AC-176 is a powerful, compact and reliable oil-less air compressor.

The AC-176 features a strong 1/6hp motor with automatic on/off switches for true air on demand spraying.

power   1/6HP 110V-120V/60HZ
Air Flow   20-23L/min
Pressure   Auto on 30psi, auto off 45psi
Noise   Super quiet 47db
Weight   6lbs
Model   AC-176
The internal .3L air tank helps regulate and smooth the air flow so that you never experience any air pulsation from the motor. All you get is smooth, clean air through the hose.

Because the compressor only runs when air in the tank drops below 30psi, you will extend the life of your compressor and cut down on unnecessary wear and tear on the motor.

The adjustable air control knob and pressure regulator let you choose how much air pressure you need for the job. And the pistol grip mini filter cleans and dries the air before it has a chance to reach your airbrush.

The AC-176 is thermally protected from overheating. The compressor will automatically shut itself off if it gets to hot, saving the motor from possible damage.

The AC-176 also features a built in airbrush holder to help keep your work area neat and organized.

There's a reason why this air compressor is a customer favorite. It doesn't just look good, it outperforms the competition by a mile! You simply cannot go wrong when choosing the AC-176 as your air compressor.

* Powerful 1/6hp Oil-less, Maintenance free motor
* Portable and light-weight, only 6lbs
* Auto start at 30psi, auto stop at 45psi
* 10-35psi working pressure
* Thermally protected to shut off if overheated
* 1/8" BSP connections
* Includes Air Pro Tools two year warranty

Air Pro Tools PS800K

The fine (.2mm), Medium (.3mm) and Heavy (.5mm) needles and nozzles that come with the Air Pro Tools PS800K will have you spraying everything from super fine details to mass coverage backgrounds and everything in between!

Everything about the PS800K was designed to Air Pro Tools' exacting standards. The self centering needles and nozzles are easy to change and the airbrush is super easy to use and simple to clean.

The PS800K is a must for any serious airbrush artist.

Style   Dual Action Internal Mix
Tip Size   .2mm, .3mm and .5mm Included
Feed Type   Gravity Fed
Cup Size   9cc
Pressure   15-50psi Working Pressure
Model   PS800K
Other   Includes Air Pro Tools PS800 airbrush, .2mm, .3mm, .5mm Needles and Nozzles and a braided air hose with 1/8"x1/8" Connections

* Perfect for detail work, general spraying applications or mass coverage
* Incredible atomization
* Self Centering Needle/Nozzles
* Includes .2mm, .3mm and .5mm Needle/Nozzles
* Solvent resistant seals
* Includes Air Pro Tools two year warranty

3 replies
IsaSW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IsaSW Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 6:27pm
post #2 of 4

I am new in the cake decoration area, but I am a graphic designer and in college I owned a air brush-the brand was badger, single action, it was ok, but I always liked to use my best friends air brush, because it was a double action, I could control more the flow of the paint. We used it for 5 years.

Now that I am in the cake business, I am thrilled to be using the airbrush again, 10 years later, my friend still had hers and gave it to me since she doesn't use it anymore. I love it, it does everything I want. I only bought a new house and a new needle, and of course food coloring and new bottles and a cup. I love it!
Some of my classmates had Paasche airbrush, they didn't like them.
If its a hobby I guess it won't matter that much, but if you are planning on keeping it, I would invest in a Badger, highly recommend it!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 9:50pm
post #3 of 4

I have a double action paasche. I like it fine. Also an Itawa air compressor. like it in etoo.

CakeInfatuation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeInfatuation Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 2:10pm
post #4 of 4

http://www.tcpglobal.com/airbrushdepot/abbadkits.aspx

Lots of airbrushes to choose from here. All Badger's.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%