Wilton Cake Classes Worth It?

Decorating By mannjc Updated 26 Jul 2009 , 11:45pm by BlakesCakes

mannjc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mannjc Posted 26 Jul 2009 , 10:13pm
post #1 of 5

Was hoping to get some cake experience and was looking into wilton classes at the craft store. Has anyone had good/bad luck with these classes? Was it worth your time? I would love some feedback icon_smile.gif

4 replies
Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 26 Jul 2009 , 10:21pm
post #2 of 5

If you want some hands on basic classes, I would suggest you try it. I personally only learned from reading and watching Youtube videos.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 26 Jul 2009 , 10:21pm
post #3 of 5

It all depends on the instructor. Some are very good and others aren't worth even a second of your time icon_sad.gif
Sorry, but that's how it goes.......if the instructor is older you have a better chance of learning something. The younger ones usually are *right out of class* themselves and know ONLY what they learned.

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 26 Jul 2009 , 10:24pm
post #4 of 5

I LOVED my Wilton classes, the first night my instructor told us about CC and between the two I was hooked!

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 26 Jul 2009 , 11:45pm
post #5 of 5

You can't help but learn something from the classes--even if what you learn is what you don't like or what not to do.

The dedicated hours, exposure to others with a similar interest, experience with new tools or materials, etc., is invaluable.

The classes near me are 40% off right now at Michaels and if you have coupons, you can get many of your supplies cheaply.

If you can swing it, go play with the others---some things are just so much easier when you see someone do something as they explain it.

Rae

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%