Help: What To Do With My Butterflies

Decorating By Mom2Rebecca Updated 23 Jul 2009 , 2:05pm by Mom2Rebecca

Mom2Rebecca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mom2Rebecca Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 8:34pm
post #1 of 4

I made these butterflies, they are melted chocolate. I am making a 8X8 cake, I am thinking of covering it with ganache and my butterflies, but dont know what else to do. I thought maybe fondant flowers, but I dont have any tools to make flowers besides this cutout http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=52B22AB1-802D-F658-095D50A22BAE439C&killnav=1 and I dont know how to make those flowers look more realistic.
I cant remember, can I pipe BC onto my ganache, so I could do a little scroll leaf thing?
Ideas? (BTW the butterflies will be turned over on the cake and hopefully look prettier)
C:\\Documents and Settings\\Jess\\Desktop\\butterflies.JPG

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 9:46pm
post #2 of 4

We won't be able to see your b'flies because they are on your computer. You need to post them on this site for us to view them.

There is nothing wrong w/using that cutter set. Roll your fondant as thin as you can, then 'ruffle' the edge w/a ball tool - as little or as much as you want. Then dry them in something to cup them if you want. If you make one of each size and stack them together (a tiny swipe of water will glue them together) you will have a pretty flower.

......I am making a 8X8 cake........
I take it this is a square cake? It should look pretty icon_smile.gif

Tana30052 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tana30052 Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 2:04pm
post #3 of 4

As kakeladi said, just roll them out very thin. I roll the petals thinner once they are cut out and then cup them with the ball tool. I also paint around the edges and the center with petal dust to add some definition. I dry them on some crinkled reynolds wrap to give them a more natural look.

Mom2Rebecca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mom2Rebecca Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 2:05pm
post #4 of 4

Image[/img]

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%