Update On Saturdays Unreal Delivery

Business By Nchanted1 Updated 20 Jul 2009 , 3:52pm by divaessence

Nchanted1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nchanted1 Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 6:29pm
post #1 of 21

I heard from the Bride today! She was thrilled with the cake, but upset that she didn't get any of the chocolate layer. I said how lovely the setting was, but that I was surprised that it was so far from the house, how did they get the food to the site?

Turns out they have a lot of Jeeps. They kept the catering pans level on their laps wrapped in towels to prevent burns. Also, she said they hired some teenagers to ferry people up and down from the house. They not only decorated the Jeeps, she sat on one to get her garter off!

Apparently it was a swell party, and not a crumb of cake left! So, alls well that ends well!

20 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 6:34pm
post #2 of 21

Wow! Glad to hear it all turned out well...I was holding my breath when I was reading the original story icon_biggrin.gif

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 6:43pm
post #3 of 21

Okay, at least it ended on a good note.

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 6:50pm
post #4 of 21

wow - I'm glad they thought all that through so well, but it would have been nice if they would have let you know so YOU could be prepared!

kilikina_24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kilikina_24 Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 8:03pm
post #5 of 21

Glad to hear all went well and she was happy...it is strange they didn't give you a heads up! You're a good sport thumbs_up.gif

kilikina_24 Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 8:04pm
post #6 of 21

Glad to hear all went well and she was happy...it is strange they didn't give you a heads up! You're a good sport thumbs_up.gif

kilikina_24 Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 8:06pm
post #7 of 21

kilikina_24 Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 8:08pm
post #8 of 21

caseyhayes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caseyhayes Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 8:20pm
post #9 of 21

Down in the south we'd call that a "redneck" receptionicon_smile.gif Somebody told me just yesterday, "different strokes for different folks." I'm glad it turned out okay for you and the wedding party.

klallen21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klallen21 Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 8:24pm
post #10 of 21

funny icon_smile.gif good story!

caseyhayes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caseyhayes Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 8:24pm
post #11 of 21

Down in the south we'd call that a "redneck" receptionicon_smile.gif Somebody told me just yesterday, "different strokes for different folks." I'm glad it turned out okay for you and the wedding party.

klallen21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klallen21 Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 8:26pm
post #12 of 21

funny icon_smile.gif good story!

KSMill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KSMill Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 8:44pm
post #13 of 21

I'm glad it went well, but like others, think they should have given you a head's up. Cake can be more sensitive than a pan of food that might drip over the side!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 9:44pm
post #14 of 21

Oh good! I'm glad that it turned out ok. I was just nervous for you when you said that you left the cake there and there was nothing else there. And no one around. Not to mention all that you went through to get it there.

jaybug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jaybug Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 9:53pm
post #15 of 21

Glad to hear everything turned out good! icon_biggrin.gif

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 12:06am
post #16 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nchanted1

Turns out they have a lot of Jeeps. They kept the catering pans level on their laps wrapped in towels to prevent burns. !

Oh. My. God. icon_eek.gif

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 2:56am
post #17 of 21

yay an update!
i guuueeesss that's good for the couple that everything turned out great, but very anti-climatic on this end. icon_wink.gif i'm just kidding.... sort of!

no, really. good for them. odd about not giving you a heads up, but at least it all worked out!! and i also think those teenage drivers may have had something to do with "the smell" icon_wink.gif

-AndSheBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-AndSheBakes Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 7:39pm
post #18 of 21

I wonder where all the teenagers with Jeeps were when you needed to get down there (then again I wouldn't let them drive with MY cake in te back).

I'm still curious about the port-o-potty situation. I guess we'll never know....

-AndSheBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-AndSheBakes Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 7:43pm
post #19 of 21

I wonder where all the teenagers with Jeeps were when you needed to get down there (then again I wouldn't let them drive with MY cake in te back).

I'm still curious about the port-o-potty situation. I guess we'll never know....

dhccster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dhccster Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 8:27pm
post #20 of 21

I am glad everything worked out well and the cake was eaten and enjoyed!! I bet you are going to ask your future brides about the reception site from now on!! ha, ha

divaessence Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
divaessence Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 3:52pm
post #21 of 21

YAY!!!!!!! I LOVE happy endings! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%