How Do I Do This???

Decorating By kkswmmr114 Updated 9 Jul 2009 , 4:16am by Rylan

kkswmmr114 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kkswmmr114 Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 1:56am
post #1 of 5

So I am doing a July birthday cake for the office, I do one once a month with a theme for that month for everyone in the office that has a birthday in that month. I am new to doing fillings, I have the decorating part down so I am going to play around with flavors now.

I really want to do a red, white and blue theme. I was thinking of doing a WASC cake with three fillings: a strawberry, buttercream, and blueberry filling. I would tort the two regular 2" tall layers and fill them.

Would the cake be stable if I did this??

And how do I make the strawberry and blueberry fillings??

Thank you so much for any help that you can offer!!

4 replies
Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 2:08am
post #2 of 5

I don't find a reason why it wouldn't be stable to use those. Just make sure you pipe a dam. How about you use those sleeve fillings or maybe try considering preserves?

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 2:17am
post #3 of 5

Yes it will be stable. Just don't put too much filling in.....no more than 1/4" deep.

You don't really 'make' fruit fillings. Just slice your fresh strawberries right onto the cake; for the blueberries you might want to use a can of pie filling, a sleeve or jam.

kkswmmr114 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kkswmmr114 Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 3:27am
post #4 of 5

What are sleeve fillings?? And won't the fillings come oozing out when the cake is cut?? I thought it would be stable... I'm just nervous about filling since I haven't done it before!! Thanks for your help!!

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 4:16am
post #5 of 5

Just like kakeladi says, don't put too much filling and it wouldn't ooze when cut.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%