I Would Like To Make This Design

Decorating By swritik Updated 3 Jul 2009 , 3:05pm by Andy383240

swritik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
swritik Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 1:34am
post #1 of 6

what do i use?
also i see some sparkle where do i buy that?

http://www.pinkcakebox.com/images/big-cake367.jpg

thanx
Rita

5 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 1:42am
post #2 of 6

You draw the design on paper to fit the size cakes being used; cut fondant into 1" squares and apply to cake. It will take lots of time but should be somewhat easy.
There are many on-line shops that sell cake sparkles, edible glitter, and other dusts, including disco dust.

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 1:45am
post #3 of 6

I believe those are just tiles of fondant or gumpaste. Handmade or purchased topper, covered with glitter or edible glitter. Possibly a "costume jewelry" type brooch. Poured sugar droplets.

cupcakeco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakeco Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 1:57am
post #4 of 6

For the 'tiling' simply use a small square-shaped fondant cutter. Color several shades of your color, and stamp out in batches and apply.

Least expensive and perhaps most accessible is Wilton brand's square fondant cutters, around $3.50 for the set and the smallest or second smallest is what you'll want to use.

Jeannem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeannem Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 12:27pm
post #5 of 6

I'm thinking you're wanting to know what the tendrils on this cake are made of...I checked the Pink Cakebox site, and she says they're crystals--just like the topper. My guess is that they're not edible, and therefore a no no on a cake that will be eaten unless you are the one cutting and making sure no one gets one--and still I don't think I'd chance it.

Andy383240 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Andy383240 Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 3:05pm
post #6 of 6

You can make the square crystals shape from poured sugar. A contestant on "Challenge" used a silicone form like an ice tray to do something very similar to this. Edible faux jewels can be found online. They look like faceted gemstones and are made of sugar. I always cringe when something inediable is used to decorate a cake unless it's obvious. I fear that someone will break a tooth or choke on small pieces that aren't meant to be served with the cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%