Advanced Cake Classes

Decorating By snocilla Updated 1 Jul 2009 , 4:37pm by snocilla

snocilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snocilla Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 2:33pm
post #1 of 11

I would really like to take a class in sculpting/carving cakes and/or one that does a lot with making figurines. Does anyone know how to find these types of classes? All I can find are the typical Wilton classes.

Thanks!

10 replies
DeeDelightful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDelightful Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 2:47pm
post #2 of 11

I saw something online about Adult Education Special Interests classes on the Portsmouth Public Schools website. You might want to check this out. http://pps.k12.va.us/schools/alternative_schools/adult_ed/default.aspx?id=1701

DeeDelightful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDelightful Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 2:48pm
post #3 of 11

I saw something online about Adult Education Special Interests classes on the Portsmouth Public Schools website. You might want to check this out. http://pps.k12.va.us/schools/alternative_schools/adult_ed/default.aspx?id=1701

pattigunter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattigunter Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 2:52pm
post #4 of 11

Go to piskypixie.net. They have a bunch of classes listed in different parts of the country.

pattigunter Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 2:53pm
post #5 of 11

Go to piskypixie.net. They have a bunch of classes listed in different parts of the country.

pattigunter Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 2:54pm
post #6 of 11

pattigunter Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 2:55pm
post #7 of 11

2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 3:04pm
post #8 of 11

Check with Party cakes n things in Virginia Beach and Wine and Cake Hobbies in Norfolk. Classes are skimpy for the summer, but they should both provide other classes this fall. The staff at party cakes is very helpful - they should know the closest class for sculpting.

snocilla Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 4:35pm
post #9 of 11

Thank you all, I'll check those places out...

TNT -- I just discovered Wine and Cake hobbies this past weekend, after only using Micheals and Creative Touch (a small cake decorating store in NN)... I was like a kid in the candy store! I didn't think to ask them about classes. Never been to Party Cakes n Things.. I'll have to make the trip down to VB to check it out... thanks again!

snocilla Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 4:36pm
post #10 of 11

TNT -- I just discovered Wine and Cake hobbies this past weekend, after only using Micheals and Creative Touch (a small cake decorating store in NN)... I was like a kid in the candy store! I didn't think to ask them about classes. Never been to Party Cakes n Things.. I'll have to make the trip down to VB to check it out... thanks again!

snocilla Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 4:37pm
post #11 of 11

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%