Oh So Sick.

Lounge By pamela82 Updated 2 Jul 2009 , 2:00pm by itsmylife

pamela82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pamela82 Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 8:31am
post #1 of 5

Hello all,

Was up all night last night couching and stuff same as the day befor. I felt realy sick so draged meself to work and spend about an hour befor telling my boss i need to go home cause i am unwell.

Went to the first doctores cause i needed to get looked at and then they said they was full all day so went to my doctores and they just had a spot for me.

Got their and was coughig a little scared the lady next to me who was waiting but she was rude and said lets move shes coughing to much dont know what shes got. Sitting their crying the doc called my name and when i went in their asked me what was wrong and then went out put his face marsk on and overals and said it may be swin flu.

I have 2 small kids and a hubby as well to worrie about i said is their anything i can do. All he said was not to go to work.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr please let it not be swine flue although the weeks befor i had a cold as well so i think i just got it back of my hubby.

oh well look i now have 4 days of work.

4 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 8:38am
post #2 of 5

They can test for swine flu...my husband had a cough and a fever and he went to the doc and they did a swab for swine flu. It came back negative and they prescribed antibiotics for him instead. In three days he was all better.

One thing that helps with a cough is to go in the bathroom, close the door and then turn the shower on as hot as it will go...don't get in, just sit on the commode and breathe in the steam. It really helps clear things up.

When I had the flu before (not swine flu but the symptoms are the same) the biggest difference between it and a bad cold was sore muscles. My thigh muscles ached so much it was hard to stand up.

If you do have the flu, they have meds you can take to shorten the duration of the illness, and they were also prescribing them for the family members of people who got to flu, to prevent the family members from getting it.

I hope you feel better soon...try to get some rest if you can (I know, not too likely with two kids).

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 4:00pm
post #3 of 5

Sorry to hear you are so sickicon_sad.gif It's never fun. Your family will get along just fine, really icon_smile.gif Take care of yourself and pray God will help you get better quickly.

pamela82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pamela82 Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 8:23am
post #4 of 5

Hello,

Whated to tell you my tests came back as me having the swine flu. Lucky for me mine was not bad as others and i feel so much beter then i was on monday. I am just looking after the kids as my younger one got it to and went down hill but is now looking a bit better as well as felling better.

I just am glad i knew what it was and have kept a close eye out. Although people in my hubbys family have been so rude and have told me if i dare see them and their kids get sick they will blame me and i will have hell to pay.

OH well i have stayed at home like the doc told me and am resting up big time

itsmylife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsmylife Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 2:00pm
post #5 of 5

Do you know who you may have gotten it from? Sorry to hear that husband's family was not being too nice.

Hope you and your child are feeling better!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%