Need A Chocolate Cake Recipe

Baking By swritik Updated 29 Jun 2009 , 1:33am by bobwonderbuns

swritik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
swritik Posted 28 Jun 2009 , 11:37pm
post #1 of 7

i would really like a chocolate cake recipe, i would prefer not from the box.

I want it to be moist and also something that i can decorate with fondant.

Thanx
Rita

6 replies
chefjess819 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjess819 Posted 28 Jun 2009 , 11:45pm
post #2 of 7

this is the recipe i use for my choc cakes. it is really moist but not crubly. the buttermilk gives it a very smooth consistency.
http://www.recipezaar.com/Old-Fashioned-Chocolate-Cake-5062
HTH! thumbs_up.gif

varika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
varika Posted 28 Jun 2009 , 11:45pm
post #3 of 7

Have you looked in the recipes section?

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 1:15am
post #4 of 7

I've used the recipe on the side of the Hershey Cocoa can. Works fine.

I've also used box mixes under fondant and have never had a problem. Granted, I haven't many fondant cakes, compared to the many fondant gurus on here, but box mixes worked fine for me.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 1:26am
post #5 of 7

hi, too many recipes on this site.. not to be able to find one you like.. experiment with some of them. some of box ..some are mix extenders. some are from scratch. we are all different and like different things. so you got your pick. hth there is a thread... something like gourmet flavors.. click forums. and you will find that thread on one of those topics or maybe at least 2 of them.. i comes out..just about every other day ..

ptanyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ptanyer Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 1:26am
post #6 of 7

I use Collette Peters Coco-Loco cake (minus the coconut and bourbon, add in Godiva Chocolate Liq). It is the most requested cake I make for family, friends and clients. Very good for fondant icon_smile.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 1:33am
post #7 of 7

If you click on the link in my signature it brings you to all the google docs from all the threads here on CC that have them. In those documents are every kind of cake recipe you can imagine. Just scroll through there, surely something will strike you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%