Need Advise On This Finished Cake

Decorating By pipe-dreams Updated 3 Jul 2009 , 5:56am by __Jamie__

pipe-dreams Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 3:51am
post #1 of 17

So this cake is supposed to match the invitations. I will try to upload a photo of the invites. She wanted yellow fondant, stripes and the animals. I just finished, and I don't think it looks that great. I feel like the stripes are throwing it off. She didn't want the pink stripes b/c it's for a boy baby shower. What are your honest opinions of it? Should I do something to change it? It's due tomorrow around 2. Thanks!

Edited to add..I can't figure out how to add the invitation picture.

Maybe a top border will help?!
LL

16 replies
Valgal820 Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 11:50am
post #2 of 17

Maybe a small rope twist of two of the fondant colors as a top border?

rgj123 Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 11:58am
post #3 of 17

I agree, a border will give the cake a finished look. It's a cute cake!

Texas_Rose Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 12:01pm
post #4 of 17

The animals are adorable icon_biggrin.gif

I agree, a rope border would give it a finished look. Definitely one on the top, but maybe one on the bottom also.

sandeeb Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 12:02pm
post #5 of 17

icon_smile.gif I think it's very cute and I agree borders would set it off nicely.
Sandeeb

2SchnauzerLady Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 12:03pm
post #6 of 17

The rope border would finish it nicely. Love your animals!

cheatize Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 4:05pm
post #7 of 17

Maybe this border will give you some ideas. It's still a little wonky at this point, but it may help you.
LL

anesha Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 4:43pm
post #8 of 17

I agree a border would be nice, but what about leaves and flowing over the sides. nice bright green ones, if you could, maybe rearrange some of the animals to include a tree or something. You have a very beautiful cake but I do agree that something is missing.

anesha Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 4:48pm
post #9 of 17

I agree a border would be nice, but what about leaves and flowing over the sides. nice bright green ones, if you could, maybe rearrange some of the animals to include a tree or something. You have a very beautiful cake but I do agree that something is missing.

Dalicha Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 5:13pm
post #10 of 17

I think the border help so much, you said that she didn't want pink you can also change the pink for yellow... but definetly the border will help so much... I love the animals losk so good.. Good Luck

Rylan Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 5:21pm
post #11 of 17

How about a snake border?

ahuvas Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 2:19am
post #12 of 17

Rylan - what a great idea - she could do a snake around the bottom and leaves along the top.

vtcake Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 5:51pm
post #13 of 17

I'm wondering why you would put the pink on when she didn't want that color? Did you end up removing it? Cake is good.

staceyboots Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 10:55pm
post #14 of 17

how about adding a "pond" with some fondant rocks in front of the animals?

it would help with the blank space.

Stacey

cakesmade4u Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 4:54am
post #15 of 17

I agree a boarder some writing welcome baby or its a boy maybe on a banner with 2 of the animals on the bottom holding it and the other animals left on top. Other then that the animals and design is very cute...Nice work.. thumbs_up.gif

Bohnlo Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 5:08am
post #16 of 17

I think some foilage, leaves and grasses, so the animals look at home in their environment instead of just sitting on the white top Maybe a tree with a pretzel rod base and then long leaves of fondant? I like the idea of a banner saying something with an animal on either side too.
Just a thought.
Lori

__Jamie__ Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 5:56am
post #17 of 17

And put it on a nice finished cake drum or covered board of some sort with maybe some ribbon around the edge. Really pulls a cake together.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%