Worst Cake Ever

Decorating By merrywood Updated 22 Jun 2009 , 1:56am by BeeBoos-8599_

merrywood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
merrywood Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 4:32pm
post #1 of 18

So the bride decides to make her own wedding cake. She makes one round cake, several dozen cupcakes which are displayed on some antique-y looking stands and 3 sheetcakes to cut up in the kitchen. Kinda sloppy looking, but she's an amateur bride, right?

When the 200+ guests (attempted) to bite into the cakes, there was a shared expression of horror - kind of like Andy and Barney eating Aunt Bea's pickles!

Folks, this was the worst cake I've ever tasted. It didn't even have the texture of cake. I can't even describe it! Maybe an iced golf ball. The icing tasted like butter and some sort of chemical. All over the reception site, uneaten pieces of these potential weapons were discarded.

When I asked why in the world the bride would attempt to make her own cake (she comes from a very wealthy family), I was told that she was doing it for the advertising because she is opening her own cake shop!
I know at least 200 people who will never be customers!

17 replies
chellescountrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chellescountrycakes Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 4:47pm
post #2 of 18

Omg!! how awful! and embarrising. I will admit I chuckled a little. but dang. its sad, but in a horrificly funny way.

how do you not know your cake sucks?? I eat so much of the icing, the cake, etc while I am making it and decorating it that I can tell when its not good.

Franluvsfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Franluvsfrosting Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 7:00pm
post #3 of 18

Oh wow! That's terrible but I have to admit to giggling a bit. Your descriptions were very entertaining! icon_biggrin.gif

staceyboots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
staceyboots Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 7:14pm
post #4 of 18

LOL

LittleLadyBabyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLadyBabyCakes Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 7:16pm
post #5 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by chellebyerly

how do you not know your cake sucks?? I eat so much of the icing, the cake, etc while I am making it and decorating it that I can tell when its not good.

LOL! I eat way too much of mine... I usually skip meals when i am decorating b/c i am so full of icing and scraps! icon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gif

umgrzfn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
umgrzfn Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 7:17pm
post #6 of 18

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif ROFL

wcarrick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wcarrick Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 7:24pm
post #7 of 18

yuck. Someone should tell her.. so she doesnt waste time and money.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 7:27pm
post #8 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by merrywood

kind of like Andy and Barney eating Aunt Bea's pickles!

When I asked why in the world the bride would attempt to make her own cake, I was told that she was doing it for the advertising because she is opening her own cake shop!

I remember that episode well, and the faces they made.

I hope you have an assistant, because it sounds like people are going to be crowding your door soon!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Tee-Y Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tee-Y Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 7:30pm
post #9 of 18

Oh yeah!! someone please tell her cos 200 horrified customers is equal to at least a thousand non customers!!!!!! She's got her work cut out for her!!!!

laneysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laneysmom Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 7:37pm
post #10 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by chellebyerly

I n my house, we call that step quality assurance and it is a necessary part of the process, regardless of how big my hips get!

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 3:30pm
post #11 of 18

Oh my. Maybe that's her cup of tea.

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 9:14pm
post #12 of 18

LOL someone needs to clue this poor woman in!

hammer1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hammer1 Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 4:05am
post #13 of 18

i bet most of us taste more than we should for quality control....notice how many weight count counters are on cc members posts.

saffronica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saffronica Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 7:21pm
post #14 of 18

The bride got exactly what she wanted: free advertising -- for you!

Cakenator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakenator Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 11:01pm
post #15 of 18

Hope she doesn't read this. Maybe she was really proud of her cake. Don't judge.

gailsgoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gailsgoodies Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 11:10pm
post #16 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakenator

Hope she doesn't read this. Maybe she was really proud of her cake. Don't judge.

I hope she DOES read this! Better to learn your cakes don't taste good BEFORE you spend all the money to open a shop.

Gail

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 11:18pm
post #17 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakenator

icon_lol.gif That's cute and all, cuz your little devil and your signature line...too funny!

BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 1:56am
post #18 of 18

I had a similar situation happen last summer. A friend invided my daughters and I to her little girls birthday party. Gramma was making the cake so I did not offer. We get there and gramma walks out with a cardboard box containing white and chocolate cupcakes. Well, all of the kids grabed for the chocolate ones and the looks on these little faces was priceless. These hockey pucks had been cut open and what I think was supposed to be a german chocolate icing was put inside of them. Every kid took one bite, spit them on the grass and walked away looking like someone had just shot thier puppy. I have never had anything like it. They were just plain gross. Gramma did not seem to notice. I was laughing my butt off (on the inside of course). lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%