How To Annoy Me In 4 Easy Steps

Business By crazycaker Updated 15 Jun 2009 , 2:20pm by crazycaker

crazycaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazycaker Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 12:49pm
post #1 of 37

Yes, another one. This time, we're only down to 4 easy steps.

1) I call you back (after getting an email). Ask politely if this is a good time to speak with you about the cake. You say, "Yeah, why are you asking that?" and then put me on hold.

2) I ask what size cake you'd like (sizes are listed on my website). You keep asking for a size I don't offer. I explain that size is not offered. You then state you only want that size.

3) I then ask, "perhaps it would help if you could tell me how many guests you would like to serve." You then say, "That's none of your business."

4) At this point, I say, "well, I am very sorry, but it looks like I can't help you with this." And you reply, "Yeah, I am not too impressed either." icon_confused.gif

I have dubbed her "Little Miss Sunshine." icon_biggrin.gif (I name all my "super duper" customers.)

36 replies
JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 12:53pm
post #2 of 37

Working with the public is an experience, isn't it? You meet all kinds and, hopefully, the good outweigh the bad!

crazycaker Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 12:56pm
post #3 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMB

Working with the public is an experience, isn't it? You meet all kinds and, hopefully, the good outweigh the bad!

Yes, they do! Thanks...I just like to "name" my "super-extra-special" customers, maybe as a way of helping me deal with the stress.

thumbs_up.gif

BREN28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BREN28 Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 12:59pm
post #4 of 37

boy,she sounds like a real winner. some people are just so mad at the world,that they take out they're rudeness and stupidity on good people.

alvarezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alvarezmom Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 1:00pm
post #5 of 37

What a weirdo! icon_confused.gif I dont think I would have stayed on the phone longer than #3.

Little Miss Sunshine, LOL, I like that!

acookieobsession Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acookieobsession Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 1:07pm
post #6 of 37

I got this yesterday....

Thank you for calling, how may I help you"

"Yeh, WHERE ARE YOU"? Shouted!

"We are located ina private licensed home business, can I answer some questions?"

HOW MUCH ARE YOUR CAKES?

May I ask the date to check out availability?

XXX09

Oh, icon_smile.gif Terribly sorry, I am completely booked that month! Have a pleasant day!

Do we really need to shout and demand? I think NOT!

crazyteach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazyteach Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 1:11pm
post #7 of 37

That call doesn't even sound like a real call- it sounds more like someone trying to prank you. I am not a professional -- just a hobbyist-- and I am curious-- You really get people like that! You can't even make that up -- it sounds so ridiculus! Smart to let her go!

Creative_chika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Creative_chika Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 1:18pm
post #8 of 37

It was better not to even work with her!

cakes22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes22 Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 1:21pm
post #9 of 37

I hate people........

icon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 1:28pm
post #10 of 37

I havent had any rude or weirdos yet, but you guys are scaring me because apparently its inevitable!

mgwebb68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgwebb68 Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 1:35pm
post #11 of 37

I too am just a hobbyist, I don't think I could deal with some of the people you folks have to deal with on a regular basis, especially all the Bridezillas that have been discussed lately.

Kudos to you both for the very polite and professional manner you handled both calls, when I'm sure you really wanted to say something more like "pbbbbtttttt, bite me" icon_lol.gif No need to yell, no need to get snippy, I mean seriously, they were the ones wanting information from you, hellllllooooo

My DH always knows when someone has annoyed me to the point of no return, I just simply say "They're breathing my air", which is the short version of "They are breathing my air and pissing me off!" The madder I get the shorter the statement gets.

As much as I love caking (and cookies and cuppys - well basically any baking) I seriously couldn't do this and enjoy it if I had to deal with the headache you folks do.

pouchet82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pouchet82 Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 1:35pm
post #12 of 37

LOL, I am having an "I hate people" week. Perhaps these people come from the same planet as my fiance's family

hensor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hensor Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 1:49pm
post #13 of 37

pouchet82-just wait until they are your in-laws!!!!

I am a mostly friend and family baker, but I got a call from a friend of a friend trying to describe to me a three tiered cake with "a small design on top"
When I ask scrolls? nope
border? nope
I give up, until you can show me a picture I can't read your mind. ugggh

pouchet82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pouchet82 Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 1:54pm
post #14 of 37

Hensor, they are nuts, hopefully they will beam themselves back up to their planet after the wedding and I won't have to deal with them anymore.
How to annoy me in one easy step
Patient: Is this elevator going up?
Me: No, that bright green arrow pointing UP indicates the elevator is going DOWN

alvarezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alvarezmom Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 2:00pm
post #15 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by pouchet82

Hensor, they are nuts, hopefully they will beam themselves back up to their planet after the wedding and I won't have to deal with them anymore.
How to annoy me in one easy step
Patient: Is this elevator going up?
Me: No, that bright green arrow pointing UP indicates the elevator is going DOWN

icon_lol.gif I love it!!! icon_lol.gif

And majority of the time the inlaws do not change! I've been praying for the last 7 years my MIL would... Now either I'm hated in Heaven ( icon_confused.gif ) or she really does hate me icon_evil.gif !!!

hensor Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 2:00pm
post #16 of 37

"HERE'S YOUR SIGN"

aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 2:03pm
post #17 of 37

ooh bizarre phone calls are just part of the business. I'm always glad when it's all in one phone call, ya know? Take all that crazy, wrap it up into 10 minutes and then move on with your life.

OfficerMorgan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OfficerMorgan Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 2:05pm
post #18 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycaker

3) I then ask, "perhaps it would help if you could tell me how many guests you would like to serve." You then say, "That's none of your business."

That's the prize winner right there. icon_lol.gif "Hi, I would like to order a cake. But, please don't call me about it. And you better not even think of asking me how many servings I need, you nosy cow!"

Thanks for sharing. That was pretty funny.
icon_lol.gif

cakedesigner59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedesigner59 Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 2:13pm
post #19 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakes22

I hate people........

icon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

LOL I used to be a hairdresser. I always said it's too bad they can't just drop off their hair and come back and pick it up. I hated dealing with some of the nut jobs. Of course, there were some really nice ones sprinkled in, just to keep you on your toes.

hensor Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 2:21pm
post #20 of 37

crazycaker wrote:

I would have hated to see what she said when you asked her what she wanted the cake to look like. LOL

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 2:31pm
post #21 of 37

" "Yeh, WHERE ARE YOU"? Shouted!

"We are located ina private licensed home business, can I answer some questions?"

HOW MUCH ARE YOUR CAKES? "

It could be that the person is hard of hearing, and does not realize how loud they are speaking.....

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 2:33pm
post #22 of 37

Unfortunately patience is a key skill to survive whenever dealing with the public.

cocorum21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocorum21 Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 2:52pm
post #23 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbmom

I havent had any rude or weirdos yet, but you guys are scaring me because apparently its inevitable!

I'm scared too. I've had a couple of rude people that hang up after a price but nothing really weird like this.

I mean geez, did she think you were going to ask her bra size after how many servings she needed? icon_confused.gif

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 3:05pm
post #24 of 37

my laughing at loud, still snickering weeks later moment came when i was on my way to the grocery store at about 3 one afternoon. my phone rings, and i answer professionally, since i don't recognize it as a family/friend number. this little old woman,who i can instantly picture in my head, says in this really country accent (i'm gonna spell it how she said it...)

YA MAKE TEETY CAKES?

"excuse me, maam? cause it took me by surprise and i'm seriously trying to not bust out laughing!

I SAID, YA MAKE TEEEEEETY CAKES?

"you're inquiring about nude female cakes...yes, i do these designs...could you tell me what date you would be needing this design for?

THIS EVE-NIN, 'BOUT 6 OR SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cakes22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes22 Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 3:56pm
post #25 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixinvixen

YA MAKE TEETY CAKES?

"excuse me, maam? cause it took me by surprise and i'm seriously trying to not bust out laughing!

I SAID, YA MAKE TEEEEEETY CAKES?

"you're inquiring about nude female cakes...yes, i do these designs...could you tell me what date you would be needing this design for?

THIS EVE-NIN, 'BOUT 6 OR SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG!!! ROTFLMAO!!!!

crazycaker Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 7:49pm
post #26 of 37

Actually, for some reason, the "how many people do you want to serve" question gets some people's dander up here. Maybe they think I'm trying to see how popular they are or something. icon_confused.gif

So I usually avoid it, and simply state my "servings range." (Again, listed on the website.)

I only asked Little Miss Sunshine...because she WANTED THE SIZE "XXXX." (And yes, she said it in an all caps sort of way). Maybe she was price-comparing me or something.

Or she planned to eat it all herself. icon_rolleyes.gif

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 8:26pm
post #27 of 37

Or she planned to eat it all herself. icon_rolleyes.gif[/quote]

Ring Ring.....

"Hello" ....

Hello is this a good time to speak with you about the cake?...

"Yeah, why are you asking that?"

HOLD HOLD HOLD..

"OK! What did you want!"

What size cake are you interested in

" It needs to be five tiers 24" 22" 20" 18"...."

Oh that's a large cake how many people are you serving ..

"THATS NONE IF YOUR FLIPPIN BUSINESS!" Read as: I can't help it that nobody likes me, so no one will be at my wedding and I will have to eat the whole cake by myself. But Those pictures are going to look like I was serving 700 people because I am so popular!...

I am sorry I don't think I can help you with this.

"Yeah, I am not too impressed either." I mean what kind of Cake designer needs to know how many people are going to be served, why on earth would she need to know what kind of design I want? Who does she think she is, asking me what colors I would like!... Pshshhsh darn Cake Diva and all her personal questions..

" Oh by the way I need it for tomorrow and my budget only allows $50 for cake.. After all its just Cake"

icon_lol.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_eek.gif

Oh I think she wanted spit cake with dog hair frosting! icon_evil.gif

mommachris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommachris Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 11:12pm
post #28 of 37

mgwebb68
You said it gets shorter the more they annoy you sooooo.

The long version for mildly bothering you is "They're breathing my air and pissing me off"

If they keep it up it becomes, "They are breathing my air."

And when they finally get on your last nerve it becomes "They're breathing!"

icon_lol.gif
mommachris

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 11:22pm
post #29 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by pouchet82

LOL, I am having an "I hate people" week. Perhaps these people come from the same planet as my fiance's family

Honey, get out NOW! LOL! If they're that bad now, just wait until you marry into the family and they're in your business and are acting even WORSE! Don't think for a second it'll change, either. It's not worth having to deal with horrible in-laws because it'll make your life MISERABLE.

mpetty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mpetty Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 11:25pm
post #30 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommachris

mgwebb68
You said it gets shorter the more they annoy you sooooo.

The long version for mildly bothering you is "They're breathing my air and pissing me off"

If they keep it up it becomes, "They are breathing my air."

And when they finally get on your last nerve it becomes "They're breathing!"

icon_lol.gif
mommachris

LOL, then after the last nerve, it would be "They're NOT breathing!" (Just kidding!) I do like that phrase though...much cleaner than what usually comes to my mind and lips! tapedshut.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%