Frozen Buttercream Transfer Help!!!!

Decorating By toyanjason Updated 9 Jun 2009 , 7:44pm by indydebi

toyanjason Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toyanjason Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 6:29pm
post #1 of 6

I attempted to do a buttercream icing cake with a transfer Frozen buttercream pic on wax paper. I totally ruined it!! It did not stick to the cake at all. I dont know what I did wrong. I froze it for 6 hours, then attempted to transfer to the cake. If anyone out there can help me, please reply!!

5 replies
ljdills Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ljdills Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 6:35pm
post #2 of 6

What happened when you transferred it to the cake? Was it to the side or top of the cake?

kayjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kayjess Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 6:36pm
post #3 of 6

I guess I'm not sure exactly how you tried to transfer it to the cake, but when I did mine, I took obviously the frosting side down on the cake (wax paper side up) - pressed firmly but not hard and ran my hand all over the picture to "warm" it up just slightly. Then I took the corner of the wax paper and VERY slowly peeled it off the picture. I find I have had better luck to peel it on the diagonal instead of straight down (horizontally).... Hope this helps.

toyanjason Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toyanjason Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 7:33pm
post #4 of 6

When I removed the FBCT from the freezer, I immediately flipped it onto the cake ( icing side down onto cake). I pressed down and ran my fingers over the transfer and as a tried to remove the wax paper, the icing did not stick to the cake. I all stuck to the waxpaper. How long should you press onto paper before you peel it off??

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 6:25pm
post #5 of 6

lay it on the cake...and smooth with your hand over the image you want to transfer...the warmth of your hand with make it soft, but do it gently...just keep smoothing it until you can see its removed from the wax paper...someone said somewhere that they spray PAM on there wax paper before putting the image on the wax paper this way it doesnt stick. Ive never done this.
Then peel slowly and gently as you lift off the wax paper....have a toothpick handy so you can remove the image that is stuck slowly from the wax paper if any is still on it.

good luck

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 7:44pm
post #6 of 6

My past experience says parchment paper works much better than wax paper. Depending on how thick it was (and this is a big factor, logically), 6 hours may not have been long enough. I like to freeze mine AT LEAST overnight, and preferably 24 hours. I've also found that putting it in the freezer for awhile between colors really helps .... can't explain why, but it just does (pipe the outlines ....freeze .... add the color to the faces .. freeze ... etc).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%