Like Leaving Your Child Behind

Decorating By BeeBoos-8599_ Updated 8 Jun 2009 , 12:52am by BeeBoos-8599_

BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 3:18am
post #1 of 9

So, today I delivered the wedding cake I made this week. It was only the 2nd one I have done and I was pretty happy with it. Like I am sure the rest of you, I think of my cakes as my children. I put alot of time and energy into them and I am very protective of them. I thought I would share this experience and give you all a laugh.
I had to deliver this cake to the brides fathers home where they were holding the wedding. I loaded the cake up, loaded up my 2 girls and headed off. I ended up in the woods of central Missouri and when I found the address I had to drive to the top of this hill to the "house". I got out of the van and ordered my girls to STAY PUT. The wedding party was taking photos in front of the house between puffs on thier cigarettes, the groom was missing more than one fron tooth, the bride who is a rather large woman (so am I so dont get mad) was wearing a strapless toga type dress that thoughtfully showed off all of her tattoos and had her slip all bunched up around her waist. I took the cake out of the van and started into the dwelling where I found chipped up concrete floors and a 3" step in the middle of the room that they did not warn me about. Only to leave this cake that I really worked hard on in a filthy kitchen filled with smoke and pets. I have never seen so many smokers in one room in my life. I was only in the house for 2 minutes and my girls wanted to know what smelled so bad when I got back in the car. I left knowing without a doubt that the cake I made was the nicest thing for miles around. WOW what an experience.

8 replies
bakermommy4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakermommy4 Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 3:25am
post #2 of 9

It's gotta make you feel kinda good that your cake brought some beauty to the place.

Oh, and love your signature...it's so true icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

moxey2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moxey2000 Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 3:27am
post #3 of 9

It takes all kinds to make the world go around! I bet they really enjoyed that fancy cakeicon_smile.gif

bmarlow001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bmarlow001 Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 3:46am
post #4 of 9

Sounds interesting! lol That made me think of a picture I saw a long time ago, it was a back woods louisianna wedding where everyone wore camo and the wedding cake was a POS sheet cake decorated in.... yep you guessed it, CAMO!! LOL

I dont know why I thought of that but it was pretty hilarious anyway icon_biggrin.gif

Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 3:54am
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmarlow001

Sounds interesting! lol That made me think of a picture I saw a long time ago, it was a back woods louisianna wedding where everyone wore camo and the wedding cake was a POS sheet cake decorated in.... yep you guessed it, CAMO!! LOL

I dont know why I thought of that but it was pretty hilarious anyway icon_biggrin.gif

Well since the cake is camo too, if you dropped some cake on your top no one would notice LOL

BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 3:55am
post #6 of 9

Bakermommy, I have another one for you. "Motherhood is a gift that you cannt return".

bakermommy4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakermommy4 Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 3:59am
post #7 of 9

BeeBoos your too much...I'm still looking for the receipt that came with all four of mines...can't seem to find the darn things.

blondeez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blondeez Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 4:11am
post #8 of 9

Oh my, I would have wanted to take my cake back home after I saw the condition of the house. I would not have wanted my beautiful cake in a filthy kitchen. Especially knowing how hard I worked on it.

BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 12:52am
post #9 of 9

Oh it was not easy to walk away. It all brough to mind the movie Deliverence . I could just hear the gtroom saying "You sure do have a pretty mouth" .

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%