Jumping Out Of My Skin With Excitement!!!

Decorating By CakeInfatuation Updated 7 Jun 2009 , 10:14pm by JGMB

CakeInfatuation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeInfatuation Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 11:58am
post #31 of 38

Okay... Going to meet with them this afternoon and talk about "the details".

I'm praying for the best but part of me feels like I'd take it even if they didn't pay me anything. ha ha ha

Shame we live in a world that revolves around money! I just want to decorate!

neelycharmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neelycharmed Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 12:06pm
post #32 of 38

good luck! Hope it all works out!

sweetjan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjan Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 12:19pm
post #33 of 38

Congratulations!!! and very well deserved! Your cakes are beautiful, and you're naturally talented! Best wishes!
Oh!, and would you tell how you did the pumpkin cakes in your gallery? I actually started thinking about fall cakes the other day!!!!! icon_lol.gif

floridagal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
floridagal Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 12:37pm
post #34 of 38

Praying for you! I know just what you mean about almost being willing to do it for free - I know I've lost money on cakes (for friends) just to do what I enjoy doing!

I can hardly wait to hear how your meeting goes - I know it will be great!

Melissa

CakeInfatuation Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 2:52pm
post #35 of 38

I used mini bundt cakes for the pumpkins. I turned the bottom cake upside down and sandwiched the bundt cakes together. Then I was able to cover with fondant and use my tools to create the definition and make it look pumpkinish. icon_smile.gif

Thanks guys!

CakeInfatuation Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 8:53pm
post #36 of 38

I got my official offer last night. I'm thrilled with it and go in this Friday night to help them get a cake done for Saturday. I couldn't have asked God to give me a better situation or nicer people to work for.

They also want me to enter competitions and said they will sponsor me. We'll see on that one. icon_smile.gif

Thanks for your prayers!

floridagal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
floridagal Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 9:42pm
post #37 of 38

Praise God!! Congratulations!! I am so happy for you! What a blessing for you and the bakery. I am just so excited about the experience that you're going to get, the way this will work with your schedule and the people that you'll be working with! Definetly a 'God thing'!! thumbs_up.gif

Melissa

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 10:14pm
post #38 of 38

YEA --- there's nothing like a happy ending!!! I am so, so thrilled for you. The bakery knew a good thing when they saw it, obviously.

Congratulations, and enjoy your new job! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%