Disney Castle Cake Help

Decorating By disp4so Updated 3 Jun 2009 , 10:04pm by Kay_NL

disp4so Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
disp4so Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 8:52pm
post #1 of 4

I need to make this cake pictured.. but I am not using the kit.

I need ideas on how to make the turrets.. They need to be strong enough on top to hold the dolls..

any bright ideas will be welcome..

Thanks
LL

3 replies
BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 9:43pm
post #2 of 4

You could use paper towel rolls or get some more reinforced cardboard tubes from a shipping company then use ice cream cones for the tops of the turrets. This cake looks like the corners have been carved out so the turrets sit more into the cake. I would definately cover the cardboard so that it is not actually touching th cake. Even if you just spackle the entire thing with royal icing then let it dry. Or you can go to the hardware store and get some pvc pipe the correct diameter. Be sure you clean it and again I would cover it so it does not contact the cake. Hope that helps.

chefjess819 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjess819 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 9:51pm
post #3 of 4

^^ said for you to use paper towel rolls, or pvc pipe, and then cover them before putting them on the cake. love this idea. i would acutally cut a hole into the base cake before trying to place them for added stability. I saw on food network challenge last night, that they had turrets, covered the tubes with white chocolate, then rolled them in sparkling sugar. maybe this will work for you too. either the sugar or sprinkles of some type. hope this helps!

Kay_NL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kay_NL Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 10:04pm
post #4 of 4

The plastic Disney kit that you can buy has the stands for the turrets so that they dig into the cake, so that is probably what that picture is using. If you were to use cardboard or whatever, then to get the same effect, the corners would have to be trimmed. A friend of mine bought that kit at a local grocery store that sells the Disney Princess castle cake, it seems so flimsy in real life though...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%