Tent Sale (Oh No....)

Decorating By steplite Updated 5 Jun 2009 , 9:51pm by cylstrial

steplite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steplite Posted 31 May 2009 , 11:06pm
post #1 of 16

Well I just left the Tent sale. Got there at about 12:30, it was CRAZY! The checkout line was about a block and a half long. You had to wait in a checkout line that was streched all the way out of the tent back by the fields. And it was HOT today. There was lots of stuff left at the Back door from those who didn't want to wait in that LONG... Line. Since they didn't really have what I wanted, Almond, clear vaniila and 10 inch cake circle, I left all my stuff too. Maybe I'll try another day. But standing out in that hot sun wasn't for me. I've never seen it like this. You used to get in and out pretty quick. Never has the line streched out of the tent. You could barely see the end of the line.

15 replies
Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 1:58am
post #2 of 16

Oh no!

blondeez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blondeez Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 2:03am
post #3 of 16

Oh MY!!!!!!!!!!!! So glad I didnt live close enough to go. I dont deal with the heat very well. Im a native of California but my DH has decided to make me live in Louisiana. The heat here just about kills me every summer.

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 2:08am
post #4 of 16

I plan to go to the sale on Thursday. I hope things have cooled off a little by then -- both the weather and the shopping fever!!!

Blondeez, my daughter's moving to Louisiana on Thursday to teach in New Orleans with Teach for America. I'm not sure she realizes how hot it gets there -- and she's even really thrilled that she gets to go to Phoenix for the whole month of July for training!! I don't have the heart to tell her that it'll be like a zillion degrees there. icon_wink.gif

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 2:10am
post #5 of 16

Tent sale.....where?

JGMB Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 11:47am
post #6 of 16

It's in Woodridge, IL at the Wilton Headquarters. It goes thru June 16th, if you want to plan a road trip! icon_wink.gif

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 12:14pm
post #7 of 16

That sounds like fun! Too bad I'm stuck here--work, family and all!
Maybe you can bring the picture of the mysterious Wilton pan (from another thread here) and see if anyone can identify it. Surely someone who works there can help with that.

JGMB Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 7:10pm
post #8 of 16

Well, I just returned from a successful trip to the tent sale!!!! I had attempted it on Monday when I had 2 hours to spare, but I couldn't find a parking spot within a mile of the place.

Today, I lucked out and parked 5 spaces from the entrance to the tent. I thought they had way too much scrapbooking stuff, but I did get all of the cake/cookie supplies I'd been hoping for.

Although the line was winding and went out of the tent, it moved really fast! It was only 20 minutes from the time I got in line until I was in my car ready to drive home.

I'm just glad my husband's out of town so he won't see me carrying in ALL of those bags . . . icon_wink.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 7:42pm
post #9 of 16

Well, share with us unfortunate one who can't attend *what is* in ALL those bags icon_smile.gif

JGMB Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 1:34am
post #10 of 16

Okay, you asked for it, so here goes icon_razz.gif :

4-tier set of hexagon pans
" " " of oval pans
" " " of petal pans
cross-shaped pan
heart-shaped pan
2 muffin tins
1 cookie sheet
2 of those huge cooling racks with a "tight grid"
Set of 4 4" tart pans

Tons of cardboard cake rounds and cake boxes
Several rolls of fancy foil paper
Wooden dowel rods
Paper doilies
A tip storage case

Lg can of meringue powder
Several bottles of pure vanilla
Clear vanilla

Flower spikes
Measuring cup
Tip saver
Several icing colors

Now, don't laugh icon_redface.gif , but I've been asked to lead a Cookie Decorating mini-course for kids at my church this summer. They think I know what I'm doing -- obviously, none of them have seen the
gorgeous cookies here on CC!! Anyway, so I bought a bunch of supplies for that: squeeze bottles, little offset spatulas, piping bags and couplers, extra #4 tips and a bunch of ice-cream cone cutters.

Hopefully, this will hold me for awhile!!!!!!!!

starra328 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
starra328 Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 1:53am
post #11 of 16

Good Job! I use to shop like that in high school i would save just enough money to catch the bus home.

SHADDI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SHADDI Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 1:54am
post #12 of 16

My Question to this is "Did you get a great deal on that stuff or is it at the same price that you would get from a store. Do you think it is worth it going to the Tent sale"...If so I may have to plan to go next year.

What new thing did you see that are coming out.
Did you get to hear or find out when is the New Wilton 2010 Year Book is coming out.
(I would think it's sometime this month)

Sorry for so many question. I was just wondering on those things.

does anyone know why they have a Tent sell. Is it just to get rid of stuff/old stuff.

What has been the Best Deal that you have gotton at the Tent sell.

Thanks Ahead of Time.....

JGMB Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 2:54am
post #13 of 16

They don't have any new products there -- I think it's just to get rid of old inventory. The stuff really is at a great discount. It will say right on the sign, "Petal Pan Set $21.00, regular price $41.99." So, you can tell whether or not you are getting a good deal.

There were like 4 aisles of things that I wasn't interested in -- photo frames, scrapbooking supplies, cookware, wedding/bridal shower/baby shower favors and decorations.

To me, it was worth it because I only live 10 minutes away. Driving clear from VA, I don't know -- es mucho mas lejo, no?!

SHADDI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SHADDI Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 7:42pm
post #14 of 16

yes it's very far from were i live. i live in Northern Va. About 1hr from Washington DC. But if it's worth it to fly I'll go (I know people that work for the airlines that I can get good deals on tickets). So I'm thinking of going next year.

the reason why i'm saying "if their is any new things, is cause i've been seeing new things on the Wilton site. i can't wait to see the New Year Book to see all the new goody/toys to play with this year.

JGMB Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 9:18pm
post #15 of 16

So, my Spanish did make sense! icon_wink.gif I'm always trying to learn because I teach ESL.

I used to live in Chantilly, VA. Is that anywhere near you?

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 9:51pm
post #16 of 16

So JGMB, I have to ask. How much have you spent so far? (LOL). Don't worry, I'd be doing it to! I'm jealous that I can't be there! It sounds so fun!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%