Blackberry Buttermilk Cake?

Baking By drakegore Updated 27 May 2009 , 1:12am by drakegore

drakegore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drakegore Posted 26 May 2009 , 6:25pm
post #1 of 3

i have a five year old who thinks blackberries are better than chocolate...
and he has a birthday coming up and thinks i can make anything out of anything (no pressure here, lol).

i like the look of martha stewart's blackberry buttermilk cake, but i don't want a cake that tastes like a muffin. i'd like a moist "fluffy" cake that kids would love (and us moms too). no purple batter cakes, lol. can anyone recommend one?

thanks!
diane aka mom of a blackberry lover

2 replies
mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 26 May 2009 , 9:07pm
post #2 of 3

how great that your child is so open to something different!! I would give anything if my kids would at least entertain the idea of fruit over chocolate!!!!! Oh well.. as they say.. the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!!!

Wonder why you couldn't use the white almond sour cream and add some blueberries?

drakegore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drakegore Posted 27 May 2009 , 1:12am
post #3 of 3

my offspring in only adventurous with food if the word "berry" is involved...then he is like every other 5 year old on the planet, lol. the amount i spend on berries every week at the grocery store is embarassing, but it's worth it (except for the time i found mushed berries wedged in my sofa...my poor sofa, the idignities it has to endure....).

the WASC has a aftertaste i am not real crazy about. is there a scratch cake that would be a good compliment to adding berries to the batter?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%