Last Cake Decorating Tool Purchased?

Decorating By Maria_Campos Updated 24 May 2009 , 12:47am by niccicola

Maria_Campos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maria_Campos Posted 21 May 2009 , 5:03pm
post #1 of 17

I just got my smocking rolling pin and the Alphabet & Numbers Funky Upper Case Tappits Set in the mail two days ago. And I just ordered my airbrush and someone's DVD I think jennifer's, can't remember!

What did you get?

16 replies
CakesbyCindi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyCindi Posted 21 May 2009 , 5:12pm
post #2 of 17

I just got my Funky Alphabet tappits upper case and are waiting for my supplier to get lower case, they are out now! YEAH! I also got a new set of oval pans, and thru craigs list I got the heart pan set and the petal pan sets used.

chefbarbie0513 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefbarbie0513 Posted 21 May 2009 , 5:14pm
post #3 of 17

Fab Fondant -- Sugarshack dvd and the boxes and bowes dvd and 2 fondant smoothers, and silcone pans in the shape of Icecream cones to make icecream cone cupcakes. It was my birthday thats why I got so much

Maria_Campos Posted 21 May 2009 , 5:14pm
post #4 of 17

OOHH craig's list is a good place to look for goodies, I have gotten tons from there. I want the lower case too!

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 21 May 2009 , 5:17pm
post #5 of 17

The Nicholas Lodge Peonies and Magnolias DVD, the large grooved CelBoard 2, with 5 grooves to add a thicker ridge up the center of gum paste leaves and petals, so that I can insert wires into them, and an ivory silk veiner tool.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 21 May 2009 , 5:22pm
post #6 of 17

I finally broke down and bought a ribbon cutter. I have been eyeballing it too long.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 21 May 2009 , 5:25pm
post #7 of 17

I am on a tight budget...the last thing I bought was a pattern tracing wheel from the sewing dept at Walmart, for making a stitch pattern on fondant.

Maria_Campos Posted 21 May 2009 , 5:25pm
post #8 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammjenks

I finally broke down and bought a ribbon cutter. I have been eyeballing it too long.

The one the SharonZ uses in her Boxes & Bows DVD? I like that one to, but since my wilton one is not cutter as clean as I would like.

lostincake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lostincake Posted 21 May 2009 , 5:27pm
post #9 of 17

My latest purchases were Wilton's Turn & Trim turntable and metal clippers for cutting dowels to size.

Maria_Campos Posted 21 May 2009 , 5:29pm
post #10 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rose

I am on a tight budget...the last thing I bought was a pattern tracing wheel from the sewing dept at Walmart, for making a stitch pattern on fondant.

That's just smart! I have been down that aisle a few time, another awesome aisle is the Clay and pottery aisle at Micheal's, AC Moore or Joann's! I'm I think I spend more time there than in the Wilton Aisle!

whisperingmadcow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whisperingmadcow Posted 21 May 2009 , 5:29pm
post #11 of 17

I just got wilton 10" & 12" round pans for $4 each on craigslist!

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 21 May 2009 , 5:53pm
post #12 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria_Campos

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammjenks

The one the SharonZ uses in her Boxes & Bows DVD? I like that one to, but since my wilton one is not cutter as clean as I would like.

I don't have that DVD, so i don't know which one she uses. I bought one that wasn't Wilton, but not sure what brand w/o looking it up. Ateco maybe?

Maria_Campos Posted 21 May 2009 , 6:11pm
post #13 of 17

Oh I forgot I also order the new "Planet Cake Book" yesterday! My husband is going to kill me! I think I spent like at least $300 this week alone!

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 21 May 2009 , 6:15pm
post #14 of 17

The last toy I bought was some new flower form cups and a cool impression roller. Worked great on the ballet tutu cake I did. Still waiting on photos to come back of that one!

kyhendry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kyhendry Posted 21 May 2009 , 6:40pm
post #15 of 17

Just got the big A** aluminum rolling pin from Sams Club ($17). That thing is a monster and smooooooth!

DollyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DollyCakes Posted 21 May 2009 , 6:50pm
post #16 of 17

hibiscus silicone veiner and cutter and a giant 15" pan! Exciting stuff!!

niccicola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
niccicola Posted 24 May 2009 , 12:47am
post #17 of 17

quite a few things, actually LOL

from bakerskitchen: funky alphabet tappits upper and lower case
FMM tappits upper and lower case
FMM tappits script upper and lower case

From globalsugarart: florist foil silver
floritst foil ivory
ateco square cutter set
22" round wedding cake box

From my local supply shop: a TON of 6" rounds, 12" rounds, 10x10 boxes and 12x12 boxes

From craigslist: 6", 8", 10", 12", 14", 16" round pans
6", 9", 12", 15" petal pan
17" petal masonite cake board
scroll set
gumpaste book and tool set
ALL FOR $75!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%