Oreo Cake Xp

Decorating By rharris524 Updated 20 May 2009 , 8:27pm by misabel99

rharris524 Posted 20 May 2009 , 6:47pm
post #1 of 6

I've gotten a request for Oreo cake... I was thinking that I'd do a vanilla cake with crushed Oreos in it. Does that work? Any tips or recipes to try? Also, I'd like a good chocolate filling of some sort, maybe a ganache, that will hold up to South Florida temperatures. It is only going to be a small (8in round), fairly simple cake but any decorating ideas would be appreciated.

5 replies
ThreeDGirlie Posted 20 May 2009 , 6:54pm
post #2 of 6

Can't help you with an actual Oreo cake... But I know this filling goes well inside of a chocolate cake and does not need refrigaration.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-5773-0-Oreo-Filling.html

cricket0616 Posted 20 May 2009 , 6:55pm
post #3 of 6

It works. I made it several years ago and have not made it again. I think that it just did not stand out as a cake I had to have again, but that doesn't mean others will not love it. If memory serves, I think the larger chunks of cookies did not hold their crunch, they were softer(a good thing for a cake). I can't help with the frosting. I used BC with crushed oreos, but I am sure the chocolate would be a better choice.

SugarLover2 Posted 20 May 2009 , 7:02pm
post #4 of 6

I made a chocolate cake with a filling of crushed oreo's (super crushed) and heavy cream. Whip the cream until it's thick like whipped cream then fold in the oreo's. YUM!!

pouchet82 Posted 20 May 2009 , 7:12pm
post #5 of 6

If you look on Kraft.com there is a recipe for a cake that looks like a giant oreo. Super yummy!

misabel99 Posted 20 May 2009 , 8:27pm
post #6 of 6

right here in CC there is a recipe for a oreo Cupcakes and it's delicious

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%