Need Guaranteed Always Moist Cake Recipes

Baking By Cojack Updated 29 May 2009 , 2:54am by margaretb

Cojack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cojack Posted 19 May 2009 , 8:10pm
post #1 of 17

Where can I find white, chocolate, red velvet, lemon, orange cake recipes that will turn out moist...Guaranteed.

Thank you.
icon_biggrin.gif

16 replies
Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 19 May 2009 , 11:15pm
post #2 of 17

If you want a box mix, try the WASC recipe by substitution.

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 20 May 2009 , 1:03am
post #3 of 17

I Use WASC (kakeladi's original) and have never had a problem with dry cake. Everyone always comments on how moist it is.

shkepa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shkepa Posted 20 May 2009 , 1:14am
post #4 of 17

alwaysmoist cake, I get a ton of compliments.
Use any dunkin hines cake mix and make as normal
then add
1 extra egg
1 cup sour cream
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1 pkg instant pudding mix (try to match cake flavor if no match us Vanilla)

This makes extra batter and the moistest cake.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 20 May 2009 , 7:33am
post #5 of 17

This thread has both versions (with and without oil) of a popular CC doctored cake mix recipe (WASC) with flavor variations:
(And so much more!)

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-605188-.html

CC member contributed scratch cake recipes:
(Includes "moist".)

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-440803-.html

HTH

dhccster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dhccster Posted 20 May 2009 , 7:56am
post #6 of 17

I, too, use kakeladi's original WASC. It is super moist and I always get a ton of compliments. I haven't used it for chocolate though. I use the darn good chocolate cake from the cake doctor cookbook. It is really moist. Try the WASC and I bet you will love it.

Cojack Posted 25 May 2009 , 7:54pm
post #7 of 17

Bing a newbie and my last question was to find recipes for moist cakes, what is WASC? Would someone mind sending the link to access this information?.

Thank you all for the help.

icon_smile.gif

sweetjan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjan Posted 25 May 2009 , 7:59pm
post #8 of 17

Welcome, cojack!!
WASC is 'white almond sour cream' cake, and it's heavenly. It's in the recipes section of this site; you should be able to type in that name in the Search function. And it's a very moist recipe!! Best Wishes!

mandyloo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandyloo Posted 25 May 2009 , 8:03pm
post #9 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cojack

Bing a newbie and my last question was to find recipes for moist cakes, what is WASC? Would someone mind sending the link to access this information?.

Thank you all for the help.

icon_smile.gif

White Almond Sour Cream. It's a cake recipe. Just search the forum or recipe w/the word wasc and you'll find TONS of info. icon_smile.gif

sweetkake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetkake Posted 25 May 2009 , 8:12pm
post #10 of 17

I hope it's okay to post this question on this thread. I'm having trouble from time to time with dryness because of my convection oven. I use a pan of water in the oven, I bake at 325. Is there anything else i can do? There are hot spots and i think I have identified them all. I do try to bake around them. It's a commercial oven, older. HELP! TIA

JanH Posted 26 May 2009 , 7:04am
post #11 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cojack

Thank you all for the help. icon_smile.gif

There are links in these threads for both WASC cakes and MOIST cake recipes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanH

This thread has both versions (with and without oil) of a popular CC doctored cake mix recipe (WASC) with flavor variations:
(And so much more!)

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-605188-.html

CC member contributed scratch cake recipes:
(Includes "moist".)

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-440803-.html

HTH

Just click on the thread to open, and the links will appear. icon_smile.gif

HTH

Cojack Posted 28 May 2009 , 2:17am
post #12 of 17

The WASC recipe does not say if the egg whites should be beaten. Do they have to be beaten and then folded in the cake mixture?

Thank you.

icon_smile.gif

JanH Posted 28 May 2009 , 8:28pm
post #13 of 17

When I make any of the WASC cake recipes, I sift all the dry ingredients together into a large bowl, and mix all the wet ingredients in a second larger bowl.

Then I add the dry to the wet and beat for 2 mins. using a hand mixer at medium speed.

If using a stand mixer, I would mix at the lowest speed for 2 mins. or less.

When it comes to mixing, MORE (as in more speed or longer mixing time) is not BETTER. Overmixing will develop the gluten and result in a tough cake.

It's also necessary to measure the flour correctly:

Do NOT use the "scoop and drag" method and then shake to level the flour.... You should be aerating the flour prior to gently spooning it into the measuring cup and using a straight edge to level.

For more info on science of scratch baking and learning proper cake making/baking techniques:

www.joyofbaking.com

HTH

Cojack Posted 29 May 2009 , 1:49am
post #14 of 17

Beat egg white before adding to dry ingredients or not?

JanH Posted 29 May 2009 , 2:39am
post #15 of 17

1. sift ALL the dry ingredients together into a large bowl, and

2. mix ALL the wet ingredients in a second larger bowl.

3. add the dry to the wet and beat for 2 mins. using a hand mixer at medium speed.

HTH

Cheyanne25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cheyanne25 Posted 29 May 2009 , 2:54am
post #16 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetkake

I hope it's okay to post this question on this thread. I'm having trouble from time to time with dryness because of my convection oven. I use a pan of water in the oven, I bake at 325. Is there anything else i can do? There are hot spots and i think I have identified them all. I do try to bake around them. It's a commercial oven, older. HELP! TIA

Have you tried soaking them with a simple syrup after they're done? It'd help make it more moist and add some nice flavor.

margaretb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
margaretb Posted 29 May 2009 , 2:54am
post #17 of 17

I've made the WASC recipe a few times, and I DO NOT beat the egg whites. I just seperate them all into one bowl and then dump them in and mix. I like how it turns out. It isn't supposed to be a fluffy angel food type cake (although to me, it TASTES a lot like angel food cake but in texture is regular cake). I've never read any mention of needing to beat the egg whites first either. I just put in the cake mix, flour, sugar and whatever little dry ingredients, give it a little stir, the start adding the wet stuff, mixing as I go (I don't combine the wet stuff seperately).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%