Yellow Or White Marbled With Strawberry????

Decorating By Niquie Updated 19 May 2009 , 11:15pm by kakeladi

Niquie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Niquie Posted 19 May 2009 , 6:37pm
post #1 of 6

Hi,
Has anyone ever done this? And if so, would you mind sharing the recipes you used. Do I just add strawberry flavor or something to the yellow or white cake batter like with a chocolate marble, or what? Please help if you can. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Ashley

5 replies
SweetSuzie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSuzie Posted 19 May 2009 , 6:41pm
post #2 of 6

I would use white cake mix, remove a portion that you want strawberry and color that with food coloring and even use strawberry flavor if you want that. Good luck

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 19 May 2009 , 10:35pm
post #3 of 6

Yes, make your yellow or white cake; remove about 1 Cup (per mix used) and add Strawberry jam or sleeved filling to it then drop big dollops of that mixture into the batter in the pan. Swirl thru the dollops w/a fork or knife. Works and tastes great icon_smile.gif

niccicola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
niccicola Posted 19 May 2009 , 10:37pm
post #4 of 6

never thought about using strawberry jam to flavor a white cake with strawberry flavor

do you do that to make strawberry cake? or just use 1 box white 1 box strawberry mix and do your WASC magic with it?

Rikki0422 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rikki0422 Posted 19 May 2009 , 10:49pm
post #5 of 6

Wow this is funny, I had my first request for the same thing about 2 weeks ago. I found a recipe online and it was simple: mix half white or yellow, swirl in the strawberry batter and bake. Viola! strawberry swirl, lol icon_lol.gif To me, it just tastes like a strawberry cake because strawberry flavor basically overpowers the white anyway. But it was customers request icon_smile.gif HTH

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 19 May 2009 , 11:15pm
post #6 of 6

I've made it a few times when requested. I do not use jam to flavor a white cake into a strawberry one......for that I use a strawberry mixicon_smile.gif
One could use 2 different flavored mixes to create a marbled/swirl cake but most of the time you don't need all that much batter so using the jam/filling makes it easiericon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%