Cake Tips

Decorating By cylstrial Updated 20 May 2009 , 12:11pm by cylstrial

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 18 May 2009 , 8:53pm
post #1 of 4

Has anyone ever used the cake tips that say KOREA on them? I bought 4 of them the other day on the internet. I was assuming they would be Wilton tips but they turned out to be the KOREA tips. It doesn't really matter to me as long as it's the right tip, except that all 4 of them rusted! I have never had a cake tip rust before! Just wondered if anyone else has had a similar experience.

Thanks!

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 18 May 2009 , 11:52pm
post #2 of 4

Uuummmmm those probably ARE Wilton tips. I have many of them icon_smile.gif As I remember some of them will rust quicker than others.
Don't you just love it when sellers don't fully describe their items? icon_sad.gif

auntmamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntmamie Posted 18 May 2009 , 11:58pm
post #3 of 4

Those tips are made in Korea. American manufacturing standards require all imported products to show the country of origin. I have had some tips rust, but they weren't Wilton - they were generic brand from country kitchen. I'm placing a Wilton order for replacement tips, since I've never had wilton ones rust. BTW - it has to do with the metal alloy ratio - different alloys will rust faster, even stainless steel.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 20 May 2009 , 12:11pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks Kakeladi and Sugarnspice!

Sugarnspice - The tips that I bought were from CK as well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%