Question For Texas Residents?

Lounge By kathys90 Updated 17 May 2009 , 2:45pm by stephaniescakenj

kathys90 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathys90 Posted 15 May 2009 , 1:34pm
post #1 of 5

Hi there. My company is transferring me down to the Dallas area in mid-July. I was wondering a little about the Lewisville area, and if Texas is one of those states that allows their permanent residents to attend college for free.

I'm hoping to convince my kids to come with us, but they go to schools here in Michigan. They're both 19 (one son, one step-son).

The idea of moving so far away from them is killing me. My husband is disabled, so I'm the breadwinner which means I have to go where there's work. There's nothing here that won't cost me at least a 50% paycut. Gotta love michigan's economy right now!

Any advice or info on the area and colleges would be really helpful!

4 replies
hilly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hilly Posted 15 May 2009 , 2:04pm
post #2 of 5

Nope, I wish but it doesn't. If it did I'd have a masters icon_razz.gif.

There are more affordable community colleges. Are there really states in the US that offer free college to residents?

kathys90 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathys90 Posted 15 May 2009 , 10:59pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks hilly! I've heard that Florida does, but then again, don't quote me on it.

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 16 May 2009 , 4:13pm
post #4 of 5

College for free? Image Oh, sorry (wiping tears from eyes)...that was too funny. Just yesterday we calculated what our daughter's first year at UT will cost us next year ($22K). Free....Image

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 17 May 2009 , 2:45pm
post #5 of 5

I don't know if it's still true but California used to offer free tuition to its resients for CA state schools... of course that was 10 yrs ago.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%