Fondant Borders...***urgent Please*****

Decorating By Snotface14 Updated 8 May 2009 , 11:54am by Snotface14

Snotface14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Snotface14 Posted 8 May 2009 , 11:41am
post #1 of 7

Hi....ok so it's now midnight and I've just finished a High School Musical Cake with microphone on top and I'm totally stoked with it...

It's all done with fondant however I've just realised I've made no plans for a border around the base, it's a square cake and I really don't want to have to start making royal icing at this hour to do the border but have some fondant left so I'm looking for ideas of how to do a border using this bearing(sp) in mind that I only have very basic tools on hand adn am absolutely hoprless at making an even sausage/rope shape by hand...

Cheers in advance Andi icon_cry.gif

6 replies
sweetjan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjan Posted 8 May 2009 , 11:47am
post #2 of 7

You don't have a clay gun?
Or use a piping tip to cut out consistent-size circles, then roll those into balls...maybe different colors if you want. Then place those balls around
the border.

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 8 May 2009 , 11:47am
post #3 of 7

Roll lots of small beads/balls of fondant and line them up around the base.

Cakechick123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakechick123 Posted 8 May 2009 , 11:49am
post #4 of 7

roll some balls in different sizes and add those around. Alternatively roll a thin strip of fondant and cut out some ribbon to go around the bottom

Snotface14 Posted 8 May 2009 , 11:49am
post #5 of 7

Clay gun???? No I don't but would love to hear more for future reference...

As for the balls what a perfect idea I'm off to do it now... Can I just attatch them to the cake with a dab of water or???

Cakechick123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakechick123 Posted 8 May 2009 , 11:51am
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotface14

Clay gun???? No I don't but would love to hear more for future reference...

As for the balls what a perfect idea I'm off to do it now... Can I just attatch them to the cake with a dab of water or???

melt a small piece of fondant in a little water, that will give you a great glue to glue them on

Snotface14 Posted 8 May 2009 , 11:54am
post #7 of 7

Thank you all so much, I don't know how I survived before finding this site with so many of you ready to offer advice and tips.

Cheers Andi icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%