Changed My Mind About Scratch Cakes (Shubox White Cake)

Baking By cathyscakes Updated 7 May 2009 , 11:00pm by JanH

cathyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyscakes Posted 7 May 2009 , 9:24pm
post #1 of 3

I have been saying that I can't find a good scratch white cake, I think I finally found it. Its the shubox bakery white coconut cake. It turned out so good, light and fluffy, and great flavor, I was impressed. The only problem I wondered is it too fluffy for a wedding cake. Has anyone used it for a wedding cake, it seems a little soft, was wondering how it stacks. but I loved the flavor. I had never done the method of adding the eggs seperately and whipping the egg whites, it made all of the difference.
Saw the posts talking about this cake and so I tried it today, very good.

2 replies
crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 7 May 2009 , 9:26pm
post #2 of 3

If you are dowelled correctly, the lightnes of the cake shouldn't matter, as you are resting the upper tiers on the supports, not the layer below it. HTH. icon_smile.gif

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 7 May 2009 , 11:00pm
post #3 of 3

Glad you found a scratch recipe you like. It's always nice to have options. icon_smile.gif

Ditto what crisseyann said about supporting the cake layers. thumbs_up.gif

Here's an Everything you ever wanted to know to make, decorate and assemble tiered/stacked/layer cakes thread:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-605188-.html

There's a link to photos of common cake support systems with complete instructions. Also included is a post by Leahs on the SPS system. And so much more!

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%