Refurbished Kitchen Aid?

Decorating By Lisa540 Updated 6 May 2009 , 7:02pm by Margieluvstobake

Lisa540 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa540 Posted 6 May 2009 , 1:51pm
post #1 of 7

I am thinking about getting a new and bigger KA. My husband loves them and is very impressed thanks to using them at the fire station when they cook. (which shows how much he doesn't cook here since we have had one for years! LOL) He was telling me that they have looked into buying one that has been refurbished. It comes with a warranty and looks brand new. I am not sure what to think so I wanted to see if anyone has one on here.

I think he said they were $249 vs the $500 for regular price. (6 qt.)

Thanks for any feedback! =)

6 replies
GayeG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GayeG Posted 6 May 2009 , 2:15pm
post #2 of 7

Absoluty the BEST buy I have ever made!! Not a scratch or any flaw I could see - and for the price? You cannot beat it!! I love love love mine!!!

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 6 May 2009 , 6:47pm
post #3 of 7

I second that! My very first KA was a Professional 600 "refurbed" that I received nearly 13 years ago! It still looks and runs like I got it yesterday! LOVE that thing!

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 6 May 2009 , 6:59pm
post #4 of 7

I have the 6 qt, was bought new by my dh for Christmas. I know they are a lot but he got it when the store was having a sale and he also had a coupon, (I think he paid a little less than $400) so if you have patience, maybe you can snag a deal, or check ebay

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 6 May 2009 , 7:01pm
post #5 of 7

also check out the other thread titled KA Buyers Remorse about a refurbished KA that is ongoing now

Lovelymeets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovelymeets Posted 6 May 2009 , 7:02pm
post #6 of 7

I picked up mine at the 48 hour kitchen sale on amazon yesterday. 6 qt, professional series, for 299 plus a 75 dollar ice cream maker as a rebate offer and i m a prime member hence free two day shipping. It will be waiting for me when i get home today. I m so excited icon_smile.gif.

Margieluvstobake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Margieluvstobake Posted 6 May 2009 , 7:02pm
post #7 of 7

I bought mine off Ebay a couple of years ago. It is a refubished 6 qt professional. I paid apx $145.00 plus shipping for it. It had no obvious flaws. The head shakes some when running, but other than that it works fine. If it broke, I would buy another one tomorrow.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%