Decorating By Luvsthedogs Updated 5 May 2009 , 10:11pm by SugarLover2

kayla1505 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kayla1505 Posted 2 May 2009 , 1:11am
post #31 of 45

I miss all the pictures in the hompage

3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 2 May 2009 , 1:20am
post #32 of 45

I'd like to know: How on earth do two people about to have a huge wedding and planning the most logistically-challenged wedding cake ever have time to even deal with this site?

Did they clone themselves?

Like the site or not...we got us some dedicated programmers!!!

Eme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eme Posted 2 May 2009 , 8:48pm
post #33 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilz822

dkelly...
Right-click on your desktop
Click 'Properties'
When the 'Display Properties' window pops up, click 'Appearance'
You should see a pulldown there for font size choices.

...or do like I did and invest a couple dollars in a pair of over-the-counter magnifiers!
HTH!
icon_biggrin.gif

It's not so much the size of the font, I was able to enlarge that, it's the light gray color. This is the only site that I'm having this problem with so I know it's not just my laptop.
icon_biggrin.gif

dkelly, I'm with ya about the color of the font. I have find myself straining to read and logging off in only 10 - 15 min. icon_cry.gifthumbsdown.gif

And, chilz822, I have low-strength prescription readers that I only need for reading very small print or in low light, and its still difficult to read.... gives me an eye strain headache. Being a teacher, I read MANY things/pages/websites every day and rarely, if ever, use my readers - and never on CC. I don't mind the layout so much, as others have said change can be good and always takes getting used to, but the difficulty with the font color is another matter. I get on CC to relax and getting a headache is not relaxing! icon_sad.gif

auntbeesbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntbeesbaking Posted 2 May 2009 , 9:03pm
post #34 of 45

I, too, like the old one better for many of the same reasons - all time favorites, holidays, newest cakes posted..., forums listed at the top...

I really have a hard time reading when people's pictures are uploaded and how many favorites there are for each picture. Does anyone else have a hard time reading this or is it just me??

I DO appreciate though a site like CC, but I'm slower at liking change ...

PuffCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PuffCake Posted 2 May 2009 , 9:20pm
post #35 of 45

White font on the pale pink background is nearly impossible to read. I have to squint and move up really close to the monitor to see it and I don't need reading glasses yet. Perhaps this is just an oversight. I can't imagine how anyone can see it clearly.

dmhart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmhart Posted 2 May 2009 , 9:37pm
post #36 of 45

I do not like the new layout either. I really liked checking the new posted pictures and seeing the all time fav's. I really miss the pictures layout. But that being said. I really like the new upload features. Thanks to Heath and Jackie for always keeping the site updated with new features. thumbs_up.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 2 May 2009 , 10:25pm
post #37 of 45

First, I LUV this site and appreciate having access to so many experienced cakers. So whatever the changes, I can live with them.

In the spirit of giving feedback so CC knows what folks think, in general, of the changes.....

- I've never been a fan of slideshow pics. I feel like I'm being SHOWN photos instead of me LOOKING at photos. And slideshows are always either too fast or too slow for me.

- When searching for photos, I prefer the old way of having PHOTOS come up, not 5 photos AND some forum topics AND some recipes. If I wanted to look up a recipe, I'd be on the recipe tab.

- When I searched for my icing recipe, I put in "Indydebi" in the search field, which usually brings it right up. I ended up going thru 3 or 4 screens before it came up. Which leads me to question "how will I find the recipe I'm looking for when I DON'T know exactly what I'm looking for?" icon_confused.gif (Oh and something funny? NONE of the photos that came up when I searched "Indydebi" were mine, yet the heading said "Photos of Indydebi"! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif )

- Some of the fonts need to be bigger as they are lost. Example, when you DO search photos and 5 of them come up, I thought there were ONLY five photos found ..... until I finally saw the teeny tiny words above the first pic that said "view all photos". Same with uploading. I went to upload a pic and thought we could no longer add photos, because I failed to see the teeny tiny words way at the top of "upload picture". I thought this would be in the list of options that includes "last uploads", "most viewed", etc. (the larger font words)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mme_K

As far as the missing "latest pictures" section, I find you see a far better spread by going to the GALLERIES, and then checking on "Last Uploads".

I agree ... much better way to stay on top of new pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbmom

I hate having to go into the forum page and find a category and see which topic has the newest comment.

If you go into the forum tab, then on the far right, just above the box of categories, click on "View Posts Since Last Visit" and you'll get every thread that's had a response since you last logged in. This is the only way I go into the forums .... haven't used the home page for threads in months.

momdalejr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momdalejr Posted 2 May 2009 , 10:37pm
post #38 of 45

I miss all the pictures on the home page.... will they return.... icon_cry.gif or just the popular pics. Loved seeing new pics... got a lot ideas from them.

MosMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MosMom Posted 3 May 2009 , 2:17am
post #39 of 45

I'll give them a chance to complete all the changes before deciding. I really like the slideshow, I like that you can scroll through to see all the pics. It might need some fine tuning and adding in all time favs and newly posted pictures as well to be complete but I think the slide show is a nifty feature.

SweetSweetCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSweetCreations Posted 3 May 2009 , 2:19pm
post #40 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by scavaglieri

I think we just all hate change. I'm sure they are still working out all the kinks and hopefully they will take your comments into consideration. You'll get use to it and when they change it again in a year we will all complain about it all over again icon_wink.gif

I like the changes so far, I think Jackie and Heath work very hard for us and we should give them a chance to finish.

hammer1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hammer1 Posted 3 May 2009 , 5:35pm
post #41 of 45

thank for this thread...i haven't been on this site since the change. i uploaded a newphoto yesterday and kept watching the home page for it to appear, it newer did and i didn't know why. i searched for the newest photos added and finally gave up...i found this thread today and finally found the newest cakes. why wouldn't you keep that same title instead of changing it to last uploaded....i am sure many cake like mine have been added and very vew saw them because we couldn't find them.

what criteria gets you to the homepage slide show...i am sure there was a thread discussing this somewhere, but i have been so busy i have not been here for a while....i too miss seeing the newest cakes on the home page.
hammer1

SugarLover2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarLover2 Posted 4 May 2009 , 4:53pm
post #42 of 45

I like it, but....I use Mozilla Firefox and the whole thing is not showing right. I open it in Internet Explorer and everything is fine. I can't see the right hand side of the pages and even as I'm typing this I can't see the right side of what I'm typing.

Hope there are no spelling errors!

tracey1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracey1970 Posted 5 May 2009 , 12:28am
post #43 of 45

That's what I miss too - all the pics on the front page. How does anyone's cake make it onto the "Today's Favs" slideshow when you can't see a spread of the newest photos and click on ones you'd like to see/comment on? I'd rather watch new photos be posted as they used to be than have to go looking for them. I don't miss the All-time Fav pics so much as I do the "seasonal" ones when there is a season upon us and the newest uploads for us to see. Just throwing in my 2c!

cricket0616 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cricket0616 Posted 5 May 2009 , 12:32pm
post #44 of 45

I do miss all the photos and I have one critique of the slide show..... the pictures that are there stay too long. I have seen most of the pictures yesterday and would like to be able to view a larger selection if this is the new formatting.

SugarLover2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarLover2 Posted 5 May 2009 , 10:11pm
post #45 of 45

Ok, so I am again using firefox, but with another computer. It appears to work better on this one. I am thinking the larger screen plays a role in that, but even with the smaller screen on the other pute IE shows the threads fine.

Just wanted to update my experience so if anyone is taking these thoughts into consideration they know this.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%