Should These Be Tossed???

Decorating By CakeInfatuation Updated 30 Apr 2009 , 1:11pm by CakeInfatuation

CakeInfatuation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeInfatuation Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 12:49pm
post #1 of 3

I made toppers for baby shower cupcakes the end of January. THEN, the mom to be went into the hospital and was kept on bed rest till the baby was born. Then... issues trying to get the venue again and finally I got a call that the shower is being re-scheduled for this Sunday. So... we are talking 4 months from the original date.

I've had the toppers completely wrapped up thinking it would be weeks not months... I still have them, they look great. BUT I'm thinking I should make new ones as these little fondant squares have been sitting wrapped up for 4 months.

I know that "technically" it will just dry and not go bad. But heaven forbid someone bites into one and it is all hard and crunchy. Then again.. that's how gum paste flowers are and people sell those for cakes.

I just don't know... Any thoughts?
LL

2 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 1:00pm
post #2 of 3

My favorite way to serve fondant decor is dry and crunchy. My husband rummages (picture a tall skinny Yogi Bear) through leftover stuff to find some candy when he's got a sugar jones. That stuff lasts for freaking ever.

It's candy. It still has a nice bite due to the gelatin--it's great --no worries.

CakeInfatuation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeInfatuation Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 1:11pm
post #3 of 3

Oh Hooray!!! You're my hero! icon_biggrin.gif

I'm prepping my buttercream and stuff but with our house on the market, I hate the idea of making a big mess with fondant and gum paste when I don't have to.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%