Fondant Accents On Frostin Pride?

Decorating By lindambc Updated 29 Apr 2009 , 4:06am by lindambc

lindambc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lindambc Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 4:34pm
post #1 of 5

Does it work? Has anyone tried it?

I have a request for the frostin pride whipped topping and the cake has fondant accents.

thanks in advance.

4 replies
jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 4:38pm
post #2 of 5

I don't think that works. The frostin pride is too soft and too wet. That has been what I have seen. A decorator I worked with tried it and it did not work. She even froze the cakes and then put them on. They stayed on until the cake came up to temp and then was a big mess.

Cjusarmy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cjusarmy Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 4:46pm
post #3 of 5

I know my cousin uses that for her cakes and they come out fine. . For me, I always make homemade whipped cream and I havent had any problems with it. . icon_lol.gif Take a look at my pics label Co-Workers daughters B-Day cake, it has the fondant decorations. The only this you wold need to worry about is that once it goes onto the cake (fondant) it has to stay there. . no going back. .

Good Luck

CJ

becky27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becky27 Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 4:56pm
post #4 of 5

ive used it before and it came out fine.... just make sure you roll out your fondant to a thin enough consistancy so that it won't be too heavy and fall off the cake!!!! good luck!!!!!!

lindambc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lindambc Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 4:06am
post #5 of 5

Thank you so much for all the advice! I will let you know how it goes! Its for a cake in June!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%