Book On Making Fondant Farm Animals?

Decorating By cherrycakes Updated 27 Apr 2009 , 9:13pm by mcdonald

cherrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrycakes Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 9:02pm
post #1 of 9

Could anyone suggest a good book or website that shows how to make fondant barnyard animals? Thanks!

8 replies
leahk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leahk Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 9:27pm
post #2 of 9

The only video I can think of offhand is Aine2's sheep tutorial on YouTube.

What I do is use books that are meant for making clay animals- the principle is the same, just a different medium.

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 10:34pm
post #3 of 9

I agree ^^^^^^..look for books on clay sculpting. They are wonderfully detailed and i think you will be able to apply the same techniques to your gumpaste.

atlantacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
atlantacake Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 10:54pm
post #4 of 9

I saw one tioday at the bookstore. It's called Cake Decorator's Motif Bible: 150 Fabulous Fondant Designs.

Ariginal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ariginal Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 10:57pm
post #5 of 9

Maisie parish has a little paperback book with different animals etc in it its called: Marzipan Magic see pic attached has a variety of animals in it. hope that helps. i have uploaded it in my pics as for some reason it wont show up on this sorry hehe
LL

cherrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrycakes Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:42am
post #6 of 9

Thanks everyone! I'll check out your suggestions!

tonimarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonimarie Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 7:41pm
post #7 of 9

I have found a lot of information just by typing different searches into google or dogpile--like polymer animals, clay animals,etc; then you can go to online sites and they have some directions--kind of hit and miss. Also look in the gallery section here on fondant figures--there are lots of examples and you can always pm someone!

try this one

http://www.sculpey.com/

i thought I had some more on my favs, but I guess not
sorry

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 8:56pm
post #8 of 9

I know everyone has already said the same, I just wanted to agree with them. If you use the clay books they even give you little templates in there to get your dimensions right. It helped me out alot on my farm animals. The one I've used the most is a sculpey book and hot off the press is the publisher. icon_lol.gif

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 9:13pm
post #9 of 9

I have tried to make some and I always get mine out of proportion and just can't get them right.... I will try some of these resources

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%