Wedding Cake

Decorating By Tammy21122 Updated 3 Jun 2009 , 1:01am by Rylan

Tammy21122 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tammy21122 Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 8:07pm
post #1 of 8

HELP! Hello out there......I am making my first wedding cake for my daughters friend and I am looking for a good cake recipe. I already have the design I am going to do but worry about taste of the cake. Also, as I am a novice at cake making, if I make the actual cake should I refrigerate it or freeze it? I don't want it to dry out. Thanks for any help you can provide.

7 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 12:00am
post #2 of 8

Use my *original* WASC cake recipe icon_smile.gif You can use any flavor mix. A cake will be good at room temp up to 3 or 4 days; any longer you should freeze it. Wrapped properly it will actually become more moist than you think it is right out of the ovenicon_smile.gif
2 layers of plastic wrap then into a plastic bag or wrap in foil.

Tammy21122 Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 8:02pm
post #3 of 8

Thank you so much! I assume that I can find the recipe in the recipe section here. I will let you know how it turns out.

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 5:11am
post #4 of 8

Ditto to what Kakeladi said and I wanted to say that I think her recipe is awesome! I can definitely recommend it.

Here's a link to her recipe just in case you need it:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-7445-2-The-Original-WASC-cake-recipe.html

If you are trying to do as much a head of time as possible then yes please do freeze your baked cake. Wrap at least twice with saran wrap and then with heavy duty foil. Leave it wrapped while defrosting. If you are thinking of baking just a few days before the wedding then do not refrigerate the

Tammy21122 Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 12:22am
post #5 of 8

Thank you......will be making the cake just a day or two in advance...

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 12:53am
post #6 of 8

Sorry I just noticed my thought was not finished icon_redface.gificon_lol.gif .....

As I was going to say....I would not refrigerate the cake if it is just a couple of days before the wedding unless you are using a perishable filling.

Tammy21122 Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 6:25pm
post #7 of 8

Cake turned out wonderful! Fantastic recipe "WASC" I am making the same recipe for a baby shower cake that I am doing next week. Thanks for your input

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 1:01am
post #8 of 8

I love WASC too! The original one.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%