Help Needed!!! Cemo Cake...

Decorating By sunshine2218 Updated 20 Apr 2009 , 4:11pm by nicolesprinkle

sunshine2218 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunshine2218 Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 3:43am
post #1 of 8

So first off this is my first cake I'm doing for a party. The party is for my Aunt that's been going through cemo treatments for breast cancer and in a couple of weeks she will be done. She is wanting to throw a party for when she gets done with cemo. The party is in about 3 weeks and I need some ideas... fast! I know the party is supposed to be outside... Please help me with any ideas!

7 replies
jimandmollie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jimandmollie Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 11:56am
post #2 of 8

Spring is the time for everything to be reborn so I think a spring theme. Also, maybe do all pink flowers and a pink bow to acknowledge the fact that she fought breast cancer and won?

So glad to hear that she is doing well! That is truly something to celebrate!

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 12:14pm
post #3 of 8

My Mother in law was diag. with cancer 5mos ago, did her treatment and is now as of last week, found out she has cancer in her other breast. The idea we had is...when christmas items went on clearance at walmart..we bought a PINK CHRIST. TREE...for her party.

I also thought of my cake ball tree I made in my gallery...doing this in dark pink, light pastel pinks and white with pink designs on a cone like I did this tree. And then adding garland and decorations to dress it up all in pink ribbons. Just an idea. Go see my tree.

Good luck, and may angels watch over you and your family.

Jenthecakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenthecakelady Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 12:14pm
post #4 of 8

Maybe something monochromatic-all pink. Cover the spectrum of pinks with a light pink base, varying shades of pink flowers or polka dots with a dark pink or magenta ribbon worked in.
As far as the cake itself...make it white cake colored or marbeled pink with a pink filling like strawberry (provided there will be noone there w/allergies) or just fill with pink BC. Or if she has a fav kind of cake go with it (I was just trying to stay with the pink theme).

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 12:18pm
post #5 of 8

what about the pink ribbon?

sunshine2218 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunshine2218 Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 3:31pm
post #6 of 8

Thanks guys! I don't know what I'd do without your ideas! I've also been thinking... (that could be dangerous! haha) I would like to have a 2 to 3 tier cake all in buttercream... so any more ideas will be welcome! Again thank you!! icon_biggrin.gif

2txmedics = I hope your Mother-in-Law is doing ok!

susanscakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanscakecreations Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 3:54pm
post #7 of 8

I'm so glad she is doing better, and a party is just perfect!
I have a best friend who is an 8 year breast cancer survivor, so tell
her to keep on fighting!!!! thumbs_up.gif

Yes, pink would be wonderful! I know that Anne at pinkcakebox does a
pink velvet (you know, like red velvet, only pink?) you might
try something like that!!!!

Can't wait to see the pic!!!!

nicolesprinkle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicolesprinkle Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 4:11pm
post #8 of 8

Congrats! I am so glad to hear she is doing so good! I also was looking for a breast cancer survivor cake a few months back and this was one of my favorites.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_70983.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%