How Do I Stop Eating Frosting????

Decorating By myholidayboyz Updated 27 Apr 2009 , 10:05pm by TheDomesticDiva

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 7:24pm
post #31 of 50

It's a very complicated answer I'm afraid....stop putting it in your mouth. Hope you can understand that. icon_biggrin.gif

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 8:13pm
post #32 of 50

Jamie!!! icon_surprised.gificon_eek.gif

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 8:49pm
post #33 of 50

I know I know....I had the same problem, huby said "stop it!", cuz I kept complaingin about my expanding waistline. I decided, I already knew how good my frosting was, so why keep proving it to myself...it's probably not that easy for others, so sorry for the smarta$$ remark. icon_sad.gif

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 12:08am
post #34 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by __Jamie__

It's a very complicated answer I'm afraid....stop putting it in your mouth. Hope you can understand that. icon_biggrin.gif

Bwahahahahaha!!!!! OMG... *that* is hilarious. I think the OP can appreciate the humor. She has throughout this post. I can see the inner struggle now...

*said in Capn' Kirk fashion*

"I... MUST... stop eating... this FROSTING. Damn it Spock... it's just TOO delicious."

Really though... rather than spending $50 on some diet pills I'd try one more attempt at self-control. I have trouble spending that kind of dough when it could be as easy as telling yourself you MUST NOT EAT IT. put some tabasco sauce on your spoons??? I still say eat it 'till you barf. icon_wink.gif

myholidayboyz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myholidayboyz Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 2:34am
post #35 of 50

Thanks for the giggle Jamie! icon_lol.gif

I appreciate the concern about my health, I'm healthy, just overweight. My blood sugar is good, my cholesterol levels are good, my blood pressure is good. I've baked 5 cakes in the last year, and I have 3/4 of a batch of frosting that's been sitting in my fridge and hasn't been touched since I decorated cupcakes 2 days ago. I'm not making and eating an entire batch every day. If I was, maybe then I'd reach the point of sickness... icon_wink.gif Hmmm.... icon_wink.gif

I promised my kids alien cupcakes this week. Maybe I'll try to decorate them while on the treadmill. I won't be able to nibble while I'm sweating and trying to juggle 12 things at once.... icon_wink.gif

clovely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clovely Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 10:47am
post #36 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by __Jamie__

I decided, I already knew how good my frosting was, so why keep proving it to myself...

Good point. It's not like it's a quality control issue. I've never "taste tested" my frosting and had a bad batch and had to start over.

sweetjan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjan Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 11:09am
post #37 of 50

ha ha! go to the department store of your choice and try on bathing suits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 11:58am
post #38 of 50

oooooh.... good one sweetjan!! That gets me everytime. icon_lol.gif

djs328 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
djs328 Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 12:01pm
post #39 of 50

I started a new policy (for the benefit of MY waistline!) this weekend: Give away the leftovers! I have lots of neighbors who love cakes (who doesn't?) and it allows them to try some flavors they may not otherwise get to try! And it allows me to GET IT OUT OF THE HOUSE and not feel like I am throwing it away. icon_smile.gif So far, it's working! (been 2 days! haha!)
I must note: DH, DS & DD do not seem too keen on my new personal policy...there may be a revolt, but they'll thank me eventually, right??!?!?

sweet_teeth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_teeth Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 12:26pm
post #40 of 50

Your motivation should be your family. You may have healthy stats now, but that can change very quickly. The heavier you are.. the harder you body has to work for normal body functions. Your family needs you and that trumps the deliciousness of frosting.

I personally chew gum, which heps a lot. I have been able to maintain my tiny waiste size with self control and the fact that I know when I go to the department store i'll look good regardless of the horrible lighting and 360 mirros. Knowing i'll look good in bikini season is what keeps me from dipping in that bowl.

this-mama-rocks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
this-mama-rocks Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 12:29pm
post #41 of 50

Try cake decorating in the nude. With a big mirror in front of you.

rockysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rockysmommy Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 12:40pm
post #42 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by this-mama-rocks

OMG!!!! LOL!!!!! That would work for me...LOL! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

It was hard for me when I first started...I was like a kid in a candy shop...didn't take long to change my way of thinking when I found out that my cholesterol and blood pressure was high...and my jeans were too tight! I love it...but have all my recipes written out that have been proven time and time again...no test tasting for me....Good luck!

A friend of mine is an RN...she was trying to drop about 8 lbs...she worked out all of the time but just couldn't get it off. Her friends talked her into buying the Ali...she couldn't leave her house for a couple of days...it actually helped her curb her cravings...but says she wouldn't use it again...

cakes22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes22 Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 12:58pm
post #43 of 50
Quote:

I think the HD might have something to say about that! lol! Do they make hair nets for that area??? icon_eek.gif (sorry, that was rude!!) icon_redface.gif

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 1:21pm
post #44 of 50
Quote:

Hahahahahahaha, that might lead to thoughts of suicide!!!!!! I could not handle THAT suggestion!!!

I tell you what, though...every time I think about eating frosting now, I will remember Jaime's comment. It was absolutely, perfectly snarky and bare-naked truth. I LOVED it. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

djs328 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
djs328 Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 4:50pm
post #45 of 50

ok, so now when the frosting craving hits, I will now think of naked baking while chewing gum with a big stop sign on my mouth.....oh, and hair nets...... lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the great advice!!

(still lol!!!!)

ninatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 11:25pm
post #46 of 50

when your blood sugar is low, you're supposed to eat something sweet, it hi po. i'm it probably is a habit you've gotten into. but doesn't hurt to have some work done.

ninatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 1:27pm
post #47 of 50

i know this is wasteful, but i'd suggest throw unsused frosting in the garbage disposal when you're done, or taking it to the neighbors

aliciag829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciag829 Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 10:23pm
post #48 of 50

Have you tried drinking lemonade while you're decorating? I heard this almost makes the frosting curdle in your mouth. EWWW!

One thing I have done was eat something with raw or cooked onions shortly before decorating. Onions + Buttercream = Awful.

blondeez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blondeez Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 10:37pm
post #49 of 50

I am so glad that I do not have that problem, but if I did I'm glad to know there are somethings to try.

TheDomesticDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheDomesticDiva Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 10:05pm
post #50 of 50

The buttercream that I make has 8000 calories per bowl of it. THAT'S how I stopped eating my buttercream, figured up the calories.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%