Ace Of Cakes Cake

Decorating By lu9129 Updated 12 Jun 2009 , 12:44am by FlourPots

3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 7:21pm
post #181 of 384

I can't think of a more anticipated pictures since the Brangelina baby!

scoutmamma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scoutmamma Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 7:22pm
post #182 of 384

on other threads like the "Cakes that went unnoticed" thread, some just put the link to the individual pic on the thread by cutting and pasting the link, maybe that would be easier for Lu to do? I am just WAY too excited to see the pics!

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 7:22pm
post #183 of 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by lu9129

For those of you that have doubts, I can't get this loaded. My daughter has even tried. She has emailed them to another CC'r and hopefully she will be able to get them sent. I have never lied on CC and I don't plan to start now. I said at the beginning I didn't know how to do this in a thread from a camera etc. Some people told me what to do with it and I couldn't get it done. So, Jewelykaye offered to have them emailed to her and she will get them sent.

I too, hoped this wouldn't turn crappy!

Lu

If Jewelykaye has any problems let me know Lu and I'd more than happy to help out! icon_smile.gif

luvsfreebies72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvsfreebies72 Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 7:24pm
post #184 of 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by anasasi

Thanks luvsfreebies72! That was driving me crazy. As for typing w/no typos, I just don't bother trying anymore icon_rolleyes.gif The older I get, the more I forget icon_cry.gif

sam here, girl, same here. sucks, don't it?

anasasi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anasasi Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 7:27pm
post #185 of 384

LOL! Sure dose, big time!

bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 7:28pm
post #186 of 384

I still have problems uploading a pic to a thread, even when I go to the shrinkpicture website, it takes a couple times before I can get cc to accept it. Be patient fellow cakers.....
As far as AOC goes, I absolutely love that show, they are so talented and funny. My 5yr old even quotes "make it bigger, make it badder, make it awesome!"
Thats why they can charge what they do, they are famous, they are funny and there's a demand, its doesnt have to be about whether their cake is better than someone else's.

luvsfreebies72 Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 7:37pm
post #187 of 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakemom777

I can't think of a more anticipated pictures since the Brangelina baby!

Dude, I'm anticipating these pics FAR more than any celeb baby pic! icon_lol.gif Brangelina who? icon_lol.gif

luvsfreebies72 Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 7:42pm
post #188 of 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbmom

I still have problems uploading a pic to a thread, even when I go to the shrinkpicture website, it takes a couple times before I can get cc to accept it. Be patient fellow cakers.....
As far as AOC goes, I absolutely love that show, they are so talented and funny. My 5yr old even quotes "make it bigger, make it badder, make it awesome!"
Thats why they can charge what they do, they are famous, they are funny and there's a demand, its doesnt have to be about whether their cake is better than someone else's.

ok, that's where I gotta beg to differ. for the price they are charging, their cake better be bigger, badder and more awesome than anyone else out there. And it had better be the most delicious thing I ever put in my mouth, too. icon_lol.gif

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 7:43pm
post #189 of 384

Add me to the list of who wants to see what a $2000 cake looks like.

And as has been said Duff and his team is a talented bunch and i have to admit that i'm green with envy that i am not.

SeeChicletRun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SeeChicletRun Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 7:54pm
post #190 of 384

Im still trying to open the attachements I got this message from windows *gaah*
"Windows Live Hotmail has blocked some attachments in this message because they appear to be unsafe. "

Im forwarding them to a server to see if I can download them there

SeeChicletRun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SeeChicletRun Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 7:59pm
post #191 of 384
Quote:

I can get it to the thread if you want to email them to me, I cant forward Lu's email. windows live has it totally blocked out.

xstitcher Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 8:00pm
post #192 of 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsfreebies72

Quote:

ok, that's where I gotta beg to differ. for the price they are charging, their cake better be bigger, badder and more awesome than anyone else out there. And it had better be the most delicious thing I ever put in my mouth, too. icon_lol.gif

Yup for that kind of $$ it had better taste good! icon_lol.gif

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 8:10pm
post #193 of 384

One of my clients knew the guy who got the fist of rock cake that was on one episode, and she said that it tasted good. Just to put that in. I'm sorry if the $2000 cake didn't taste good, that must have been really disappointing.

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 8:18pm
post #194 of 384

I think that when someone pays that much for a cake, it's likely that it could not possibly live up to the expectations of it.

I agree that the cake should taste really yummy and fresh and far more than your average chocolate cake or whatever, but the best thing I've ever tasted? Probably not. I think psychologically we start to think it's going to be something MORE than cake, and it's just not going to be. On the other hand, if we've paid $200 for it, we believe it's the best cake we've ever tasted.

Tee-Y Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tee-Y Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 8:19pm
post #195 of 384

Cake pics,cake pics,cake pics,cake pics,cake pics,cake pics(Picketing icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif )!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 8:20pm
post #196 of 384

WOW this thread is still on ,with no picture,hhmmm. I think i might find something else to do and check back in a few days.Keep remembering wasting my time on the "bride cancelled cheque on wedding thread"

clovely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clovely Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 8:23pm
post #197 of 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth0209

I think that when someone pays that much for a cake, it's likely that it could not possibly live up to the expectations of it.

I agree that the cake should taste really yummy and fresh and far more than your average chocolate cake or whatever, but the best thing I've ever tasted? Probably not. I think psychologically we start to think it's going to be something MORE than cake, and it's just not going to be. On the other hand, if we've paid $200 for it, we believe it's the best cake we've ever tasted.

That's what I was thinking. I don't know if it's realistic to expect it live up to the hype. They do amazing things but it is still just cake. And going to someone in that kind of demand, you've got to know they didn't make it this morning and it's not the most important thing on their calendar - even for $2K.

BitsnBites Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BitsnBites Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 8:27pm
post #198 of 384

I get that if the cake is super elaborate and intricate in design, then the taste falls by the wayside, because you are paying for looks. But if the cake is a simple design with nothing much to distract from the flavor...for $2000.....that cake better be good, maybe not the best I've ever tasted, but pretty damned good, because I'm paying for taste.

jewelykaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewelykaye Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 8:30pm
post #199 of 384

She has sent the photos to me but I cannot view them. They are showing up as potentially unsafe. I'm trying to forward them to a different email address.

CookiezNCupcakez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookiezNCupcakez Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 8:30pm
post #200 of 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by k8memphis

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathy24

im dying to see the pic of this! to be honest i think the cakes are crazy overprice - the minium order price is ridiculous if you think about say a single tier birthday cake.

I don't know why it's suddenly a crime to make a great living in this country. If we want to price our goods low--go ahead but don't knock wonderful success for crying out loud.

I love and applaud Duff's great success and for helping put designer cakes more on the map.

Well said... Don't be hater be a congratulater icon_biggrin.gif <Is that a word?LOL
Waiting for the pic.......
What event was the cake for?? Do we know the design?

lu9129 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lu9129 Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 8:36pm
post #201 of 384

hi i'm lu's son and here are your pictures.
LL
LL
LL
LL

3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 8:37pm
post #202 of 384

uhm...ok?
icon_confused.gif

lu9129 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lu9129 Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 8:39pm
post #203 of 384

Here are your pictures. I'm done with it now. lu

xstitcher Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 8:41pm
post #204 of 384

I just received your son's email lu:

Here are the other 3 pics (If you've already attached them I apologize for the duplicate pics).

Edited to add:

Does anyone want me to enlarge these or are they ok? I just sent them as the same size as I received them but I can enlarge them if needed. Lu don't let a couple of peoples skepticism get you down.
LL
LL
LL

anasasi Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 8:41pm
post #205 of 384

WOW!! That's what a $2,000.00 cake looks like icon_surprised.gif Ummm, okay I'm speechless

luvsfreebies72 Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 8:41pm
post #206 of 384

thanks for the pics Lu! you go Duff for getting $2k for that. I know I wouldn't be able to command that price

jewelykaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewelykaye Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 8:44pm
post #207 of 384

Yay! Lu's son! I'm so glad you were able to help her out.

Is there some significance to this house? What is in the window?

myholidayboyz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myholidayboyz Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 8:46pm
post #208 of 384

It's a cute cake.

anasasi Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 8:47pm
post #209 of 384

Thanks Lu for hanging in there in passing this along! It's an awesome looking cake, I think was just expecting something bigger. Does it look smaller in the photos?

colabear71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
colabear71 Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 8:49pm
post #210 of 384

Lu...thanks for sharing the pics with us.

Ok...I can see the house and trees...but what are the things flying around?? Fairies?? What is the theme suppose to be?

Wow... that's what a $2000 cake looks like...I'd like to know what they charge for some of the cakes they air on their tv shows.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%