How Would I Make This?

Decorating By tana Updated 13 Apr 2009 , 7:54pm by RobzC8kz

tana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tana Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:46pm
post #1 of 5

Hello...
My niece wants me to make a babyshower cake for her teacher in 2 weeks, and I would love to know how to do the top part of thise crib?

It doe say "10" cake cut in half to make the hood of the bassinet", so do I just put buttercream on the bottom so it wont fall? Because this is going to travel around 45 minutes.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=323503

4 replies
GayeG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GayeG Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:51pm
post #2 of 5

Make 2 rounds (or 1 depending on how large you need it) Ice them together then cut off about 1/4th then lay on its side ... HTH

Yes - Ice under it first and if your traveling you might wanna dowel it first

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:51pm
post #3 of 5

it looks like its a round cut in 1/2 and put together sitting on its flat sides and then iced

tana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tana Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 7:07pm
post #4 of 5

I'm just scared that it will fall.. Do I dowel both if I ice together 2 ?

RobzC8kz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RobzC8kz Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 7:54pm
post #5 of 5

You definitely want to put a board under that portion of the cake and dowl under it as well as skewer through it. I had a cake that had a volcano on the side and I didn't do any of that and it totally collapsed. the extra weight on that side of the cake will cause it to split the bottom tiers and then everything will lean or worst case...fall.

Always board and dowl if you're in doubt. It never hurts!! I learned the hard way. My cake was setup exactly like this one...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%