Ok Very Angry...stop Payment Day Of Wedding

Business By dsevans Updated 13 Apr 2009 , 6:03pm by indydebi

jewelykaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewelykaye Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:17pm
post #991 of 1040

Well, I think it is wiser to have a screen name that isn't tied to your business.

Unfortunately people have become a lot more vindictive lately. For instance I know with the bill that is trying to be passed in TX a lot of the pro-biller's were threatened and so were their businesses.

It sucks that it gets that way.

I know that I used to feel comfortable stating my opinion on this website but now I definitely watch my words a little more. I have also had to remove any information that pin points me to anything (such as location).

It's sad but it is what it is.

Franluvsfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Franluvsfrosting Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:17pm
post #992 of 1040

Well I have to say I'm really bummed about this. Partly because I was sucked in too and don't like to see own gullability laid right out there like that but also because it just sucks to be betrayed. Yeah, it was entertaining. You see so many posts where some customer was a jerk and treated the cake person poorly that it was kind of encouraging to see one take a stand. Then to find out it was all a sham...in the words of Nancy Kerigan, "WHY?! WHY?! WHY?!" icon_razz.gif

I'm not a newbie but I'm certainly not in the ranks of the expert/professionals. I've learned tons on here and hope to continue learning and it makes me sad that people will be hesitant to reach out because of junk like this.

I'm sure I'm not the "drunk monkey" decorator (only because I'm not that poplular! lol) but all my "looks like a drunk 2 year old up way past their bedtime" decorated cakes are proudly displayed. icon_biggrin.gif

I'm going to get a cookie now. A little self medication of frosting and sugar does a body good....

Minstrelmiss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Minstrelmiss Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:18pm
post #993 of 1040

All this makes me feel bad for being fooled....and for being a newbie icon_redface.gif

kweenofengland Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kweenofengland Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:21pm
post #994 of 1040

can someone repeat the website address for devans? I am at work and cant look back through all these pages! thanks! oh, and I am shocked....but still not convinced it is a hoax. Why would someone make all of that up? the pic is suspicious...maybe she was just actually ashamed to have been charging so much for an ugly cake?

Alicia0620 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alicia0620 Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:22pm
post #995 of 1040

Well... All I can say is what?!? icon_confused.gif I'm still a newbie to the forum and I just would never think that anyone here would post such an elaborate hoax... Oh well.. Ya live and ya learn. I'll admit it, I was interested in the whole thing and have been for that last couple of hours. But to all the devoted ones who kept posting support, WOW. I feel like we're all part of one big cake family icon_biggrin.gif and tisk tisk to the one who duped us all thumbsdown.gif

Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:23pm
post #996 of 1040

I am not upset about the thread, I guess I can see why some of you are. I just want to say that we ALL had to start as "newbies" so let's not paint everyone with the same brush.

There are some people that come here to learn and get help, etc. I hope this thread won't make members negative about new people or make them feel bad for being new.

This story had a lot of us going and it is a bit lame to make up something like that but it's not the worst crime ever committed. Let's look in the forums and see if there is someone we can help or go make some great cakes/cookies! icon_smile.gif

moreCakePlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moreCakePlz Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:23pm
post #997 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss-tiff

Oh, darn. Note to self: Next time I make up a good whopper of a story, just plausible enough to get us salivating, I should pretend my camera ran out of batteries.

Still, how obnoxious. This is why if something bad really does happen to me, I probably won't post about it. Case in point: we're watching my in-laws pets while they're out of the country until Dec. One cat liked to sit in the front yard, but she never, ever went anywhere else in over a year. One day she just up and disappeared. We were chatting with our neighbor when we mentioned the cat had vanished, and he said, "Oh my goodness! I saw this large eagle or hawk carry off something fluffy!" It is so gruesome to think the cat might have gotten eaten. I came close to posting about it in the Lounge when I was upset, but I didn't think a single person would believe me. (And I hope it's not true, too).

I believe you! I saw a piece on CNN where a big bird (dont know what kind) tried to carry off a puppy. The only reason the bird didnt succeed was that the puppy was on a leash and the puppys owner ( a little boy I think) beat off the bird when he realized what was happening.

I have a 3 1/2 pound chi and ever since I saw that video I wont let her go outside alone.

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:24pm
post #998 of 1040

Why am I not surprised that cake pic was lifted? I began to wonder when the op decided to divy up the cake instead of delivering it and getting her $550. I couldn't afford to do that and then wait on the court for the money.

Someone should be ashamed for pulling this on all of us. It was entertaining though. I sat here and ate a few more cookies than I ordinarily would have while I read the saga. Oh well....................

I don't think the op should be ousted. More than likely she'll either disappear anyway or just sink into the background.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:25pm
post #999 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewelykaye

Well, I think it is wiser to have a screen name that isn't tied to your business.

Unfortunately people have become a lot more vindictive lately. For instance I know with the bill that is trying to be passed in TX a lot of the pro-biller's were threatened and so were their businesses.

I know that I used to feel comfortable stating my opinion on this website but now I definitely watch my words a little more. I have also had to remove any information that pin points me to anything (such as location).

I completely agree with you that we should all protect ourselves on-line, but wouldn't a better way for an existing member to do that be to just delete all business information?

We've had some members change their screen names for this reason, but at least they're upfront about it and say "hey, I used to be xxxxxx, but I didn't want my business name compromised so now I'm going by yyyyyyy".

At least we know we can take them seriously and that they're not just *here for the drama* KWIM?

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:26pm
post #1000 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by kweenofengland

can someone repeat the website address for devans?

I just went to page 1, post 1 and clicked the "www" button at the bottom of the post.

terrig007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrig007 Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:26pm
post #1001 of 1040

Here is the address: http://www.perfectsoireesearcy.com/.
I am also bummed. I guess as I was speaking about good and bad people in the world specifically the banking industry I guess we forget there may be bad people who are on Cake Central. I was glued to the computer just like everyone else this entire weekend. I loved the MOG story too. How sad because often times we have situations come up where we may seek advice from our "cake friends". Now we'll probably be suspicious all the time. That's the worst part of this whole situation for me.

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:27pm
post #1002 of 1040

Okay, I couldn't resist. I had to take a look at Dsevans gallery and there's only one pic...is a disaster cake. BTW, that cake had 1614 visits icon_biggrin.gif

You know, this whole thing really sucks icon_mad.gif...what if something like that really happens to a real baker and who's gonna believe her??!!

CakeLadyM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeLadyM Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:28pm
post #1003 of 1040

Original poster said (posting where she shows cake wanted):[hubby brought home camera...yay......here is a pic of the cake , it was a PAIN she found apic that she liked and wanted but instead of white she wanted pinks & lavender...oh and who ever posted the photo booth thing a while bakc...I love it...been usin mine alot lately./b]"

She said "she found a pic of the cake she WANTED---not that she is claiming this particular image for her own artisanship. However---she could have given credit (should have, rather) for the cake to the Australian bakery upon posting that picture.

Also---she may have photoshopped the picture in order to give the bride the "idea" of what her cake would look like with those colors.

Just trying to give benefit here... icon_cool.gif

Carlymoon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carlymoon Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:28pm
post #1004 of 1040

this was a hoax?!? I'm just catching up after reading all of the posts up through Sat. night. What would posess someone to do something like that, then keep updating everyone through the weekend? I'm baffled and appalled.

OfficerMorgan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OfficerMorgan Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:29pm
post #1005 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerMorgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady1

Quote:

I think I would like to inform the original bakery of this heist, and see how they react to having their cake pawned off as someone else's.

Do you make cakes or just read forums I too am wondering who you really are?!!! icon_rolleyes.gif

I'll neeeeever tell. (from that creepy movie, whatever it was) icon_lol.gif I got tired of always having to say the right things since my user name was tied to my business, so this way, I can say whatever I want.

This is exactly the crap we're talking about. Be real or don't *be* at all. That's just a big load of crap.
You can say whatever you want...........don't expect any of us *real* members to listen to ya! thumbsdown.gif

Anyone else tired of these games?

Oh, come on guys. There isn't any reason to hate. I'm not trying to post drama here, or any super long fake stories. I just don't want my opinions publicly voiced when my user name is directly tied to my business name. You can't blame me for that. My clients see it, anyone who wants to look me up see it, so I would rather e anonymous while posting. So I am being real, just not with my real name. And how many people here have their real name on here? Are we never allowed to change our names?

CakeLadyM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeLadyM Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:29pm
post #1006 of 1040

Just another bump on my "benefit" posting. What do you all think the possibility of that theory is???

OfficerMorgan Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:31pm
post #1007 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:

I got tired of always having to say the right things since my user name was tied to my business, so this way, I can say whatever I want.

I think most on here would agree with me when I say ......

Having my name tied to my biz doesn't stop me from saying whatever I want!

If you don't want to know my opinion, don't ask .... but even THAT wont' stop me! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I have a nosy client in my community who gets on CC to see what I post. That isn't cool with me. I'm tied of it. Sorry if you don't like it!

karennayak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karennayak Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:32pm
post #1008 of 1040

A google search with the words "six tier cake roses" brings up the picture on the first page of results ... the white version. You can see that the folds of the backdrop are exactly the same in the white and in the pink version.

Was I suspicious? Yes. I did check out her pictures and her website early in the thread.

But did I get taken in? Absolutely.

What did she get out of doing this? I just don't understand.

Was she browsing under another name and laughing at all of us?

jewelykaye Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:32pm
post #1009 of 1040
Quote:

Quote:

I completely agree with you that we should all protect ourselves on-line, but wouldn't a better way for an existing member to do that be to just delete all business information?

We've had some members change their screen names for this reason, but at least they're upfront about it and say "hey, I used to be xxxxxx, but I didn't want my business name compromised so now I'm going by yyyyyyy".

At least we know we can take them seriously and that they're not just *here for the drama* KWIM?

Completely agree.

But some people are paranoid. When you get paranoid you don't always think straight. thumbs_up.gif

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:32pm
post #1010 of 1040

And further if she were on the up & up, she would have come on here to defend herself. But now that we all know the pic was lifted, which is what I suspected when the quality of what she had shown on the website and the gallery here wasn't even close, she would be stupid to post with that name. I really think she has several names on here. And her actual info that you have to give when you do sign up is probably fake too.

chasebrad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chasebrad Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:33pm
post #1011 of 1040

Now that the "truth" has been revealed....I started thinking this sounds like a case of Munchausen syndrome by proxy.....only with cake drama....so I looked it up and found this article!
Munchausen by Internet! It's amazing the lengths people will go to for some attention.

Munchausen by Internet
Munchausen syndrome is a condition where a person fakes an illness or disease mainly for attention or sympathy, but also to act out anger or control others. This condition has now hit the internet.

As you surf the internet and meet others in online communities, keep in mind you may be communicating with a person who is faking problems. Often, these people create multiple user names with which to play different roles, e.g. one to support, one to be angry, one to question.

Clues to Detection of False Claims (from article by Marc D. Feldman MD http://www.healthyplace.com/site/article_faking_2.asp)

Based on experience with two dozen cases of Munchausen by Internet, I have arrived at a list of clues to the detection of factititous Internet claims. The most important follow:

the posts consistently duplicate material in other posts, in books, or on health-related websites;
the characteristics of the supposed illness emerge as caricatures;
near-fatal bouts of illness alternate with miraculous recoveries;
claims are fantastic, contradicted by subsequent posts, or flatly disproved;
there are continual dramatic events in the person's life, especially when other group members have become the focus of attention;
there is feigned blitheness about crises (e.g., going into septic shock) that will predictably attract immediate attention;
others apparently posting on behalf of the individual (e.g., family members, friends) have identical patterns of writing.
In addition to feigning illness, sometimes the person with Munchausen fakes bereavement over the loss of family members.

The effect these people have on their victims (those who take their claims seriously and devote time, attention, sympathy to them) are often left feeling emotionally raped.
For more information and sample cases, visit the links below.

http://www.selfhelpmagazine.com/articles/chronic/faking.html

I hope she gets the help she needs. The OP has some serious emotional issues that need to be helped.

tonimarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonimarie Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:33pm
post #1012 of 1040

alright I've been lurking this whole time reading this post and believing the whole shabang. It was very entertaining I will admit that. I just this now went to the op's profile and checked it out. I also checked all posts by op and she/he posted on another thread today icon_confused.gif why doesn't op just fess up so we can move on??? he/she is obviiously still on here lurking around.

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:34pm
post #1013 of 1040

I was right!
I thought it was a little weird a while ago. I just didn't say anything. I did follow still just to see if anything came out, which it did.
It did seem weird cause that cake and flowers were perfection. And hers...well not at all. And the coloring was a weird tone. The whole banking thing was crazy.

OfficerMorgan Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:35pm
post #1014 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeGe_Cakes

And ANOTHER THING.....Dsevans/Officer Morgan..probably wants you to think the original website is theirs so you can ''BLAST their business". She/He might have a vendetta against the "OP website..in Searcy, Arkansas" Which of course is not hers/his!.

Um, no. But good job jumping to conclusions.

Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:37pm
post #1015 of 1040

I prefer to remain anonymous here. My "real" first name is part of my biz name so I don't use it. I don't post pics because they are on my website and I don't list my location.

Anyone can read the posts here and put it together. I think it is smarter to have a certain privacy on the net for me. I too want to be able to vent, ask questions or whatever without concern. It's not a game for me.

I am a real person who decorates cakes and has a real licensed business.

If it's cool for you to put yourself out there then that's great. A lot of people here use nicknames or things like that. That doesn't mean they are here for trouble, making up stories, trolling or otherwise not a contributing member to this community.

OfficerMorgan Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:37pm
post #1016 of 1040
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Completely agree.

But some people are paranoid. When you get paranoid you don't always think straight. thumbs_up.gif

But not when someone in your community already knows your user name. You can delete the business info here, but you can't delete everything you have ever posted on CC. if someone already knows who you are, well then, you just got to deal with it. icon_smile.gif

ladycrim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladycrim Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:38pm
post #1017 of 1040

Wow. I clicked on the post thinking it would be an interesting case of an abused wedding vendor. What a disappointment to see it was all a hoax!

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:40pm
post #1018 of 1040

WOOOWWW!!! icon_eek.giftapedshut.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gif

What a turn this has taken. Entertaining to boot but seriously? I should've known...the updates were way too juicy and "just right".
Damn. Score change:

Unfabulous Caker/Faker: 1

Real Cakers: 0

Bridezilla: nonexistent.

I hope she isn't that dumb to make up a story with her screenname that's tied to her business.

You have to wonder about people who go through such lengths...

jewelykaye Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:41pm
post #1019 of 1040

OfficerMorgan- I'm not trying to say you are wrong for what you did. I agree with you and I also agree with dkelly.

I think in your case you did the right thing. I think some other people have multiple accounts just for the drama.

No disrespect meant.

pouchet82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pouchet82 Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:43pm
post #1020 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tita9499

Some members even started a thread to petition her to be in the next member spotlight!!LOL!

This is classic!! ROTFLMHO!!!!

...Can you see who else petitioned her???
detective.gif
Perhaps someone who joined over the weekend???
And has been ignoring the question if they are the OP???
HMMMMMMMMMMMM

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%