My Mom Just Called And I Had To Share...

Decorating By pooker Updated 19 Aug 2005 , 3:35am by tcturtleshell

pooker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pooker Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 1:23am
post #1 of 5

I made a cake today for my mom's friends birthday. There was a large group, so it was a 1/2 sheet cake. They had went to a restaurant for dinner and the cake for dessert.

I was so not happy with the cake. I thought it looked bad, but my mom was happy, and it's a freebie, so why not?

Well, everyone went ga-ga over the cake. Restaurant employees were taking pictures and commenting on how they couldn't believe it didn't come from a bakery! There was only a couple of pieces left, and the birthday girl was thrilled she had some to take home. Everyone thought it was so good.

I'm glad, because my mom has a large group of friends and this gives me great exposure!

Had to share! Thanks to so many of you here, my cakes are getting better! Oh and I used my 67 cent putty knife for smoothing/edging! icon_cool.gif

4 replies
nanni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanni Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 1:29am
post #2 of 5

Congratulations!! Funny how the ones we do with pride but don't feel are up to par seem to do so well. I have done one for a raffle for tomorrow at work-sort of last minute so not alot of time was spent on it-to me it looks ok-not great but ok-and like you said-it's a freebie and it will at least bring in a buck or two for a good cause but it certainly does not count as my best. I think I might be hearing your phone ringing....you should be getting some calls!

pooker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pooker Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 2:04am
post #3 of 5

Thanks! I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Raffles are great exposure too. I'd love to do one for a raffle...post how it goes!

CIndymm4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CIndymm4 Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 2:08am
post #4 of 5

Congratulations!!! I guess you never know just when your work might be noticed.....sounds like you are in for a lot of orders! How exciting for you!!!

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 3:35am
post #5 of 5

Congrads on a great cake! Get ready to start baking them cakes....... the orders will be coming in soon!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%