Shelf Life Of Cookies??

Baking By cakelass Updated 11 Apr 2009 , 3:58am by sweetopia

cakelass Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelass Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 2:09am
post #1 of 5

Hi fellow cookie bakers. I was wondering what shelf life you would give a butter cookie?
I usually bag mine and tie or seal with a sealer in a cello bag.
What would be safe?
also what shelf life for cookies stacked and stored in an airtight container?
TIA.

4 replies
auntmamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntmamie Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 2:24am
post #2 of 5

Shelf Life? Are they supposed to last longer than a day????? They seem to stay on my hips forever, though.

Sorry, can't actually help

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 3:01am
post #3 of 5

There is another thread on this right now actually. Some people say a week from start to finish. I give them 5 days (including the day of baking) before I throw them away. This is wrapped and tied in the cello bag too.

Some people freeze them too though in tupperware bins and layered with wax paper.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 8:08pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by cylstrial

There is another thread on this right now actually. Some people say a week from start to finish. I give them 5 days (including the day of baking) before I throw them away. This is wrapped and tied in the cello bag too.

Some people freeze them too though in tupperware bins and layered with wax paper.

I usually go with the 5 days. I'll eat them after that (I just can't throw them away!), but I can start to tell the difference in taste. Freezing them will keep them fresh for a long time!

sweetopia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetopia Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 3:58am
post #5 of 5

I'm in agreement with GeminiRJ and cylstrial. About 5 days and then they're mine (with a cup of hot chocolate) icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%