Brush Embroidery

Decorating By chubis Updated 31 Mar 2009 , 7:32pm by chubis

chubis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chubis Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 12:38am
post #1 of 6

can brush embroidery be done in a cake iced with buttercream icing? birthday.gificon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
onebigdogmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onebigdogmama Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 5:17am
post #2 of 6

Yes it can. You'll need to thin out the buttercream and use a soft brush. Outline your design and carefully pull in the outline. I did it on my Wilton class final cake in my pics and it is on my avatar--not showing up at the moment.

Also, Seriouscakes has a youtube tutorial on it and Wilton also has pics of in on their website. Good Luck!

Chippi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chippi Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 6:58am
post #3 of 6

Yeppers sure can! My st. patty's day cake is brushed embroidery w/ bc only. icon_smile.gif

shannon100 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannon100 Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 1:50pm
post #4 of 6

The 2 cakes in my photos that are brushed embroidery are BC only. I didn't thin the BC first. It was a little more soft because of mixing the color in, but I didn't add anything to it to thin it out more. On the heart cake, I used too big of a tip for the outline, so I wasn't happy with how much I had to pull in to make it look good. But the Christmas one, I LOVED!!

I did the Viva technique on my cakes before the brush embroidery and made sure I had a good crust first. And I used cookie cutters to outline the shape I wanted.

Good luck! It's a fun technique! icon_smile.gif

crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 2:51pm
post #5 of 6

I've made a few using this technique and really love it. I use a crusting BC and Viva towel it to smooth. I don't thin my BC, other than the food coloring added to it.

I also used cookie cutters to get the imprint and then piped away. I used a fairly small paintbrush dipped in a small amount of water every couple of strokes and dragged the icing inward gently. HTH.

Cris icon_smile.gif
LL

chubis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chubis Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 7:32pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you all for your helpfull tips. im a newbie at all this cake things. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%