How Do I Do Half/ Half Frosting?

Decorating By sillywabbitz Updated 26 Mar 2009 , 10:30pm by paula19

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 10:02pm
post #1 of 6

I saw a couple of pics at a cake tasting where the cake was iced in half chocolate and half white frosting, basically split down the middle? Does this design have a name? I'm having trouble finding similar cakes in the gallery? Also if you've done this any advice or pics would be greatly appreciated! I want to do it on round cake so I'm trying to figure out how to keep the line clean. Thank
Cristy

5 replies
cakelady77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady77 Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 10:45pm
post #2 of 6

I have done something like that. You basically just have to be really careful and create a design that allows you to cover the "seam".

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1197468

sillywabbitz Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 10:58pm
post #3 of 6

wow that's beautiful. I can't believe you used hanache to boot. That's gutsier than I can be? Did you use amy thing to seperate the sides while you did the base icing or did you just work slowly?

cakelady77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady77 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 12:13am
post #4 of 6

Thanks! I just did it very slowly.

sillywabbitz Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 6:13pm
post #5 of 6

Then I will definately give it a try. Sorry for all the typos in the previous post...I was on a cell phoneicon_smile.gif

paula19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paula19 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 10:30pm
post #6 of 6

I agree with cakelady77. You have the be careful and patient though. I did myself a cake like that for my birthday, just felt like doing a cake, but what i did was harder... the top tier was pink on the sides, and the top was divided in 4, 2 purple sides facing each other, and 2 blue sides facing each other. I have a pic of it here, if you want to check it out. You can KIND OF see what I mean

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%