Cake Boxes

Decorating By mla Updated 26 Mar 2009 , 7:52pm by mla

mla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mla Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 3:17am
post #1 of 7

Hi all. I am making my first stacked cake and I'm wondering how to deliver this? It will be a 6" stacked on a 9". I've done some searching on-line but I'm having trouble finding a box deep enough. I'd appreciate any suggestions. By the way, I have to say..... I LOVE this site and I'm blown away by how helpful everyone is!

6 replies
CakeMommy3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommy3 Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 4:38am
post #2 of 7

I have seen people use packing type boxes for that purpose-I have never seen a cake box that tall. Make sure that you cake has a really good internal support system, and that you put a dowel from the top cake all the way down to the bottom cake to stabilize it so it doesn't slide off during the drive. Good luck!

mla Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 9:00pm
post #3 of 7

Thanks CakeMommy 3...I appreciate the tips!

Cathy26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cathy26 Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 9:18pm
post #4 of 7

I ordered wholesale brown cardboard boxes - 12inch by 12inch by 9inch. these work for me great but if i have a figure on top I have to cut the top of the box open. a lot of bakeries dont give boxes and just deliver straight out of the boot of the car but i like to have some protection for it and its easier for the customer to deal with too.

i spent so long trying to find boxes too - lol

good luck!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 10:12pm
post #5 of 7

Sometimes, I just go to Walmart or UPS and buy boxes. I leave the top open. If it's raining, I get a new trashbag and cut it open and tape it to the top of the box. Hope this helps!

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 2:56pm
post #6 of 7

I havent checked it out yet...but a woman on here said she uses U HAUL boxes...there thick, sturdy and a nice size...they cost like 1.25-178 I think she said. She also stated she puts that kitchen drawer paper..from the dollar store, to prevent movement.
hope this helps.

mla Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 7:52pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks so much everyone...lots of good ideas!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%