Image On Rice Paper?

Decorating By Skirt Updated 24 Mar 2009 , 8:11pm by kakeladi

Skirt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Skirt Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 3:56pm
post #1 of 9

I'm making a coffee cup cake for a friend's birthday. I would like to pipe the label on the side to make it look more authentic.
My question is: Can I pipe BC icing on rice paper and then lay it on the side of a cake?
This way, I could trace the logo since the rice paper is thin enough to see through, cut it out and just lay it on. Does this sound right? If not, does anyone have another idea???
help please!

8 replies
butterfly831915 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterfly831915 Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 4:10pm
post #2 of 9

fbct, I would give that a try, frozen Buttercream transfer. Then you wouldn't even have to use rice paper or cut it out.

Skirt Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 4:21pm
post #3 of 9

But then I would have to pipe backwards!!!!!!!!!!! icon_sad.gif

learnincakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
learnincakes Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 4:21pm
post #4 of 9

I saw a post this morning. I can't remember who it was. But, they baked their cupcakes in paper starbucks cups. I am going to try this today. So fun, they had a swirl of icing on the top with a green straw stuck down in the cupcake.

learnincakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
learnincakes Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 4:29pm
post #5 of 9

I found it. It was by Idreamofcakes.

Skirt Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 4:36pm
post #6 of 9

but I am trying to do this without having to cut the logo off the paper cup... icon_sad.gif

butterfly831915 Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 5:33pm
post #7 of 9

do a flip reverse on your computer of the logo and it won't be backwards.. when you pipe it will be backwards and then when you place it, it will be correct.

butterfly831915 Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 5:39pm
post #8 of 9

or so I've been told..

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 8:11pm
post #9 of 9

You can draw on rice paper with non-toxic, felt-tip pens. Put the RP over the pic and trace it. Start at the top of the pic and work down. Make sure your hand does NOT rest on the wp; and don't let the pen linger in any one spot or it will warp/dissolve. Fold up a paper towel to rest your hand on. The moisture in your hand will warp the wp.
You might have to make a *very* thin layer of fondant under the wp if the cup is going to be colored icing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%