Got My Sams Buttercream Today!

Decorating By patticakesnc Updated 3 Apr 2009 , 2:27pm by rebekahjohnson81

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 11:06pm
post #1 of 15

I am so excited. I hate hate hate making buttercream. I love the taste but I hate the mess!!!! and the TIME it takes!!

I can't wait to dip into this big ole bucket and start frosting....but I have to bake first I guess. icon_biggrin.gif

14 replies
DeeDelightful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDelightful Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 5:50pm
post #2 of 15

How did it turn out? I have a few jobs to do in the next couple of weeks and seriously considered buying a bucket from Sam's. is it good? spread well? tell me all about it.

Sunflower08 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sunflower08 Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 5:54pm
post #3 of 15

I used the use the stuff all the time. The stuff is great! Spreads and smooths very well!! I hope you enjoy using it like I did..

Anntee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Anntee Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 6:50pm
post #4 of 15

Which section would it be found in? Do you have to ask for it at the bakery? How is it sold - 10# tubs for example? Can you freeze it?
Sounds wonderful! icon_smile.gif

Sunflower08 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sunflower08 Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 7:02pm
post #5 of 15

I got it at the bakery..

DeeDelightful Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 7:17pm
post #6 of 15

I called the Bakery because I had a few questions about it. I told them i was coming to get it and it was ready when i got there. I bought the 28 lb bucket of But-R-Creme for $31.18+tax. They said keep in the coolest part of your house, but you don't have to freeze or refrigerate and it's good for 30 days. I'll see how i like it. I sure hope it's great. I imagine it can be frozen, so if i don't use it up in 30 days, i'm going to freeze it in smaller portions (at least refrigerate it.)

OhMyGanache Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGanache Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 12:25am
post #7 of 15

I keep some on hand for "emergencies" - and since I don't use it often, I put it in large ziplock bags and freeze it. I don't actually like the taste of it, so I mix in some Pastry Pride (Frostin' Pride or Bettercream) and whip it up so it's not as sweet and much lighter. It still crusts this way - but it's less obvious that it's a supermarket buttercream.

DeeDelightful Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 4:03am
post #8 of 15

I bought the Sam's buttercream and added some flavoring and used it on the WASC cake. It was a hit. I am doing a wedding cake this weekend and this is going to save so much time. I love the WASC and the sams icing.

DeeDelightful Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 4:04am
post #9 of 15

I bought the Sam's buttercream and added some flavoring and used it on the WASC cake. It was a hit. I am doing a wedding cake this weekend and this is going to save so much time. I love the WASC and the sams icing.

SweetSweetCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSweetCreations Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 5:43am
post #10 of 15

I am getting some tomorrow, I have been wanting to try it and after several post I've seen on here I am convinced.

KellJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellJ Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 5:57am
post #11 of 15

Does the Sams buttercream crust up??

tara22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tara22 Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 6:14am
post #12 of 15

I bought some almost 3 weeks ago and I loved it. It does crust. Has anyone else heard how long it is good for?

rebekahjohnson81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rebekahjohnson81 Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 10:43pm
post #13 of 15

so the buttercream does freeze ok? do you just thaw it later and rewhip it, or how does that work? i've always wanted to try their icing, but there's no way i'm using 28lbs in a month!

OhMyGanache Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGanache Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 10:57pm
post #14 of 15

I freeze mine (as I rarely use it) and it's just fine. I just thaw it and whip it with the paddle blade on my KA - then I add the whipped frosting mix.

rebekahjohnson81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rebekahjohnson81 Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 2:27pm
post #15 of 15

thanks for the reply ... i might try that then...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%