Butter Question???

Decorating By Niquie Updated 16 Mar 2009 , 10:13pm by Niquie

Niquie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Niquie Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 8:36pm
post #1 of 6

Hi all,
I was wondering how long room temp. butter stays good for. Any help on this would be great, although I think that I am going to have to throw away 7 sticks of butter icon_cry.gif !!! Thanks in advance for any help.

Ashley

5 replies
JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 9:07pm
post #2 of 6

I always have butter out on the counter....it has to get really hot for it to go rancid. You'd be able to taste it if it did!

Don't worry! You're fine!

Jodie

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 9:34pm
post #3 of 6

In our parents day (and back even to great-grannie) they never refrigerated butter icon_smile.gif
Now if you listen to the Health Dept they say 4 hours max.

janebrophy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janebrophy Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 9:41pm
post #4 of 6

I leave mine out overnight to soften....I worked in a hospital kitchen and we always leave butter out....they never put in the fridge at all come to think of it...

kjt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjt Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 9:56pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niquie

Hi all,
I was wondering how long room temp. butter stays good for. Any help on this would be great, although I think that I am going to have to throw away 7 sticks of butter icon_cry.gif !!! Thanks in advance for any help.

Ashley

No, no don't throw it away, it's fine. I never refrigerate "family butter", and take "cakes butter" out the night before using to let it come to room temp. thumbs_up.gif

Niquie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Niquie Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 10:13pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks so much guys!!!! I was really hoping to not have to throw away that butter, considering how expensive cake ingredients are. Yay!!! Now I can get back to my cake and cookie making for the day without crying about having to throw away 7 sticks of butter, LOL!!!! Thanks again!

Ashley icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%