My New Shop!

Business By 4Gifts4Lisa Updated 18 Mar 2009 , 1:30pm by NewToTheBizz

4Gifts4Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4Gifts4Lisa Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 5:23pm
post #1 of 42

I technically opened in November, but not at a decent location (location truly is everything). A great street-front spot opened up on Main St, and I grabbed it! I am a supply shop and also teach classes, but the new place has a commercial kitchen that is almost up-and-running, so I will be able to add more stuff...custom cakes maybe but I am thinking more cookies and cupcakes. (And BTW, I have come a looooong way since I have posted cake pics on here...LOL!) I am also looking to rent it out to help with the income. I am IN LOVE with my shop...EVERYONE comments on it and it seems to be a hit in the community! My kid's classes are popular, and so are the birthday parties! Yay me!

41 replies
4Gifts4Lisa Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 5:24pm
post #2 of 42

PS, as soon as I get some inside pics, I will post them.

arsing1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arsing1 Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 5:28pm
post #3 of 42

Congrats on your shop!!! I know you're excited! What a great idea to give kid classes. We don't have anything like that here. I may steal your idea if I ever get a shop of my own. Definately post pics when you get them!

hazelnut77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hazelnut77 Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 5:28pm
post #4 of 42

How charming! Congrats and the best of luck with your business..

Baking_Booth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Baking_Booth Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 5:30pm
post #5 of 42

Congratulations!!! party.gif

paulstonia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paulstonia Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 5:30pm
post #6 of 42

Your shop is so cute! Where in Ca.? Looks like a small town with an old fashion downtown. Well, congratulations, and sorry, but I am a little just a little jealous icon_smile.gif

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 5:34pm
post #7 of 42

your place couldn't be any cuter!
love the gingerbread!
congratulations!

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 5:36pm
post #8 of 42

Congratulations on your new shop, Very cute and attractive looking, If I was living in CA I definetly, rent from you I am looking for a place to rent in my town and am having a hard time.

282513 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
282513 Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 5:41pm
post #9 of 42

It is soooooooo cute! I love it. It is exactly how I would want mine to look. Good for you. What an exciting time.

frosting111 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frosting111 Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 5:43pm
post #10 of 42

AWESOME, your store front is so cute!!!!

4Gifts4Lisa Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 5:44pm
post #11 of 42

Thank you guys!

I am in Placerville, CA, and Main St is just a sweet, quaint street in a charming little town!

patygpm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patygpm Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 5:49pm
post #12 of 42

Congrats on your new store!!! It looks lovely!! thumbs_up.gif

CakeWhizz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeWhizz Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 5:49pm
post #13 of 42

Many congratulations to you Lisa! Your shop looks so darling. I wish you the very best for the future.

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 6:04pm
post #14 of 42

I am so happy for you Lisa, I hope that this is a big boost in the location. I would love to see pics of the inside when you get them please do share!!! Thanks for sharing with us. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 6:05pm
post #15 of 42

I am so happy for you Lisa, I hope that this is a big boost in the location. I would love to see pics of the inside when you get them please do share!!! Thanks for sharing with us. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

paulstonia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paulstonia Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 7:10pm
post #16 of 42

I knew it was Placerville! I have family there. It's where I was married. I wish I was there, ( I'm down in the bay area) I would definitely rent from you. It's such a cute little town. Now I am definitely jealous. I'll have to drop in and see your little shop next time I'm up. I'm so happy for you.

bakery_chick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakery_chick Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 7:19pm
post #17 of 42

What a cute shop!!! CONGRATS!!!

sweet_teeth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_teeth Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 7:23pm
post #18 of 42

Omgawd that is cute. It is just so appealing to the eyes! I love it. It is just what I think of when I imagine a fun cake shop. Congrats!

DebBTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebBTX Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 7:29pm
post #19 of 42

How exciting!
Congratulations on your new shop. It really is adorable. I love the bright and fun colors. It has a wonderful old-fashioned charm that is very inviting.
I can see why you are so proud of it, and loving every minute. icon_biggrin.gif

I am looking forward to the indoor photos. It's such fun to see someone's dreams become tangible.

-Debbie B.

dhccster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dhccster Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 7:29pm
post #20 of 42

Congratulations! Your shop is so cute! I wish you the very best in your new business! icon_biggrin.gif

kneadacookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneadacookie Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 7:30pm
post #21 of 42

how cute...i can't wait to see inside! congratulations!

chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 7:39pm
post #22 of 42

How cute is that?

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 7:47pm
post #23 of 42

it is sooo cute, and at Christmas time you can light it up like a little gingerbread house, It just begs everyone to walk in. Good luck on your business. you're one lucky lady!!!!

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 7:49pm
post #24 of 42

Congratulations on your new shop. It really is adorable.
I wish you tons of business!!! Enjoy!

watermelon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
watermelon Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 3:31am
post #25 of 42

What an adorable shop! How exciting! My husband just took me on a little tour of cupcake shops today (in Toronto Canada) and it was so exciting to see those shops! Wishing you much success!

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 3:48am
post #26 of 42

Cutest. Place. Ever! I love it! We all dream of a shop like this one. Congratulations and best of luck!

Ladyfish74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladyfish74 Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 3:49am
post #27 of 42

What a great storefront. Congratulations!! I am so envious of your location. I am from NOCAL and miss it very much. I went to Apple Hill every November for as long as I could remember. We always went to Rainbow Orchard and spent the day listening to bluegrass and eating fried chicken and apple pie. I have such great memories of that area. ENJOY, ENJOY!!

cherryz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherryz Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 7:42am
post #28 of 42

YAY you Lisa! You are blessed... I'm just a beginner...God willing I dream of having one myself.. Do continue sharing your moments -

allibopp5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allibopp5 Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 3:54pm
post #29 of 42

Lisa,
Congratulations. What a cute shop, I agree with everyone else, it's so cute and welcoming. I'm in Roseville, too far away to rent from you icon_sad.gif But close enough to come check it out! I'll have to look up your hours. I have been trying to find a kitchen around here...no luck so far.

beck30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beck30 Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 6:13pm
post #30 of 42

This is such a cute shop! I too want to teach kids classes one of these days after I grow out of my home and venture into a nice cake shop. Congrads!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%