Food Network "disney Classics Cake Challenge" Toni

Decorating By AshleyV Updated 21 Mar 2009 , 6:45pm by xstitcher

KrissieCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrissieCakes Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 1:08am
post #31 of 69

Great job Ashley! I can't believe you told Carrie that the queen looked like her! It definitely did, but.... icon_smile.gif I thought yours was awesome, especially with the movement!!!

Omicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Omicake Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 1:15am
post #32 of 69

You are very talented, I was amazed at the likeness of the beautiful ,wicked queen and Snow White. The dwarves that you did in such a short time were so well depicted. The way in which you handled and made another more fitted hand for the queen.
Really, you impressed me and I'm sure that all the judges with your work. Hope to see you in another Cake Challenge.

KlyKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KlyKat Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 1:15am
post #33 of 69

Great work Ashley...I thought you nailed the queens face, it looked fabulous!!! You should be so proud!!! K'ly

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 1:24am
post #34 of 69

Wow!!! you did an awesome job on the dwarfs!!! Glad you were able to fix the hand also. And yes, when I first saw you, first thing out of my mouth is, "she looks like Anna Nicole"...lol...smile and all.

BUT YOU DID AN AWESOME JOB, I think Richards cake was too plain in back, he has been critized before for not working on the back, and one figure in back, still left it empty....

Arriva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Arriva Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 1:30am
post #35 of 69

WOW icon_eek.gif Your cake was beautiful !!

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 1:47am
post #36 of 69

Ashley, your cake was amazing! Beautiful, beautiful work! thumbs_up.gif

cakelady31 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady31 Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 2:02am
post #37 of 69

What an awsome opportunity for you! Your cake was incredible! It really is inspiring to see a fellow cc'r take part in a challange. Loved it. I think your cake was the coolest one icon_cool.gif Just awsome!!

Hope to see more of you icon_smile.gif

Carol

MemphisMom9801 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MemphisMom9801 Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 2:28am
post #38 of 69

Loved it! You nailed the Queen and the dwarfs were adorable. Loved the spinning action going on. icon_smile.gif I, too, thought it was funny that you likened Kerry to the Queen... brave girl!! icon_razz.gif And, yes, I also thought that you reminded me of Anna Nicole. Great job, Ashley!!

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 3:14am
post #39 of 69

icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif I'm soooo sad, I missed it today.....I'm hoping the re-run will be on later tonight. I love anything CC and disney so I'm sure I"ll love your cake. Congrats on making it, I'm sure your prices will follow shortly! icon_smile.gif

CakesByJen2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByJen2 Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 3:16am
post #40 of 69

I actually liked all the cakes in this competition. Really the only thing I would find fault with at all was that Mary Poppins face didn't really look like her, but she definitely had the bigger challenge with it being a live person, not a cartoon; and those weird oloking trees with Sleeping Beauty. I loved Richard's Jimminy Cricket!

Ashley, your cake was amazing, especially for a first time competitor. All the figures looked dead-on. I was amazed with your dwarfs, at how quickly you did them, and how totally recognizeable and cute they were. You need to come teach me how to mold figures! The spinning base was cool, too. Your cake would've been absolutely perfect for the Disney Villains competition they had a couple of years ago! Way to go!

Jesjacster2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jesjacster2 Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 6:00am
post #41 of 69

You definitely are talented..loved all your modeling, great cake very impressive..congrats again

Chonya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chonya Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 3:06pm
post #42 of 69

Im really sorry I missed it, is there any way to see apicture of your cake?

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 3:31pm
post #43 of 69

WOOOOHOOO!! Ashley - you did a fabulous job!! Congratulations on an unbelievable cake and a terrific "performance" under pressure. Love your sense of humor icon_lol.gif . You made all of us proud - 'specially the Georgialinians thumbs_up.gif .

BREN28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BREN28 Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 3:36pm
post #44 of 69

i also missed the show,but got to see the picture on you website. FANTASTIC cake!! i also got to see alot of the other cakes you've made in your gallery,they were all awesome! thumbs_up.gif

sweetjane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjane Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 3:41pm
post #45 of 69

The cakes were great and Ashley - your's was outstanding!!

HOWEVER THIS GIRL GOT KERRY TO SMILE - DID YOU SEE IT???? It was hysterical when you to asked her to be the model for the witch...
I jumped off the couch.

Congratulations!!!

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 6:00pm
post #46 of 69

I think I enjoyed watching this challenge more than any in recent memory. ALL the cakes were outstanding in one way or another, and I thought it was free of snide comments or "mine was better" attitudes. Ashley's cake was my favorite, I have to admit. Even my sons were hoping it would win!

How did you come to the attention of Food Network? Obviously, you are one incredibly talented cake decorator!!!

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 6:48pm
post #47 of 69

I agree. I liked that it was all about the cakes and not trumped up melodrama............ eg the one where a cake was supposedly damaged by another contestant

Chonya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chonya Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 11:39pm
post #48 of 69

Ok im really confused. The post are saying Feb 17th. and they have already seen the show. Its the 16th here and im watching the show now and its a rerun. What time zone and date is the show on? And can u see it again anywhere?

Sorry for the newby stuff.

TonyaBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TonyaBakes Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 12:04am
post #49 of 69

I will be watching. Looking at your site, you are incredibly talented! Just wanted to say wonderful job.

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 12:07am
post #50 of 69

I just saw a re-run of a former Princess Challenge. I want to see this one! Congratulations Ashley!!!

Can anyone tell me when I can catch the re-run of this one?

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 12:11am
post #51 of 69

well the time things is very confusing. the time on cake central is greenwich mean time so yeah it's tomorrw

I watched it sunday night.

you might look on the FN website for rerun times in your area. they usually rerun these things a lot

KookieKris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KookieKris Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 12:21am
post #52 of 69

Beautiful site ~ wonderful pictures ~ awesome cakes!
Congratulations!!! thumbs_up.gif

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 12:23am
post #53 of 69

Yah, I will have to check my tivo. I just watched the rerun of the Princess Cake Challenge.
Ashley, your cake is amazing! It was spot on! I dont think you could of made a better queen if you asked Kerry to stand on your cake stand! oops! Did I say that?! Im sure she isnt as witchy as she comes across!
Anyways! You make all us little guys think that there is a chance to have our dreams come true! You go girl!

luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvscakes Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 12:38am
post #54 of 69

Hi Ashley,

I caught only the last of this last night- when they were judging your cake- and it mentioned that it was your first time and how you kept your cool. It's funny cause I was thinking "I wonder if she's a CC girl?" and today read this post.
Great job- LOVED your cake and was bummed I didn't get to see how the whole thing was made. Blessing on your continued success and thanks for giving us hopeicon_smile.gif

xstitcher Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 2:45am
post #55 of 69

I stayed up till 4 am so I could catch the 3 am re-run of this last night!

You did an amazing job Ashley. The queen looked just like Kerry (although I hear she's quite sweet in person) and I can see why you called her that. Great job on all the other figures and the cake as a whole. This was one of my favourite episodes especially since I knew I'd be cheering on a fellow CCer! I hope to see you in more challenges soon.

icon_smile.gif

AshleyV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AshleyV Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 4:43am
post #56 of 69

Thanks everyone for all of the kind words and support! It is good to know people are cheering you on!
It was A LOT of fun!!!
I have a great sense of humor and love to laugh. I see things from that perspective and usually call them like I see them with other people!
I am glad that everyone enjoyed the show (I really did as well).
I think most everyone got and understood the humor behind Kerry and the Queen, especially if you heard me explain some of the reasons why they were similar (some were cut out).
It was all light hearted and fun and there was NO malicious intent behind any of it, I think that really showed from both of us...........we even hugged in the end icon_smile.gif
I had a great time and already taped my 2nd challenge last month. I took Rebecca Sutterby as my assistant in this one; and if you thought Disney was a nailbitter stay tuned for the next one..................
Pat Jacoby and I worked great together in the Disney challenge, Rebecca Sutterby and I worked great together in the Shrek challenge, and I have just about narrowed down my assistant for my third challenge icon_smile.gif
It is a BIG job to do these elaborate cakes in this time frame and I couldn't pull it off without these very talented decorators/friends who came with me...........

xstitcher Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 7:38am
post #57 of 69

Ashley I am so looking forward to these next 2 challenges. I can see that you are going to be a regular on the challenges, you definitely have what it takes! icon_smile.gif

sadsmile Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 12:36pm
post #58 of 69

Can someone come and beat me over the head with a rolling pin and point my eyes in the direction of the TV when the next one comes on...Pretty please with a cherry on top!? I get so lost in here I can't find my way away from this desk. I have rescently forgotten what TV is and I was an Olympic Couch Potato Contender! Oh well at least the rest of my fingers are no longer green with jelousy at the muscles my thumb has. icon_wink.gif

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 2:38pm
post #59 of 69

Sadsmile, the next time it airs is tomorrow night at 7pm (Wednesday) eastern standard time. I cant wait to watch it!!!

sadsmile Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 3:05pm
post #60 of 69

Tank-ya! I have programed the guide on my TV in the bedroom but I really need to program the TV in the family room which is always on but it is not cooperating right now. HD guide is half blank..LOL Gotta love DTV!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%