Where Do You Get Cookie Bags?

Baking By marypatino23 Updated 21 Mar 2009 , 1:55am by cylstrial

marypatino23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marypatino23 Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 9:28pm
post #1 of 14

Hi, I make cookies and cakes and when I make cookies, I decorate them and put them in bags. I usually buy them at Michaels by the cake area but for bigger cookies, where can you find bigger ones? I looked all over the store but haven't found them. I don't know what other stores besides JoAnn and Michaels have them.If you have any other suggestions on where to find them, please tell me as soon as possible.

13 replies
Brownie1954 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brownie1954 Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 9:53pm
post #2 of 14

You can try Hobby Lobby if you have any of these stores near you. I buy from CK Products, PaperMart, or Candyland for the supplies I need for my business. It's wholesale instead of retail from the stores, and would be a better cost for you.

bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 10:09pm
post #3 of 14

I've also seen them at Wal-mart and two local craft stores carry them. I'm thinking about checking online to see if I can get them any cheaper.

poohthebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohthebear Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 11:28am
post #4 of 14

Not sure how big of bag you are looking for but here's what I use. I buy the fold-top sandwich bags. You get about 300 for less than $2. Then I cut the fold part so they can lay flat and a coas can be tied off with ribbon! Yes it may take a little more time but if you do it while you're watching the boob tube it goes fast, then they will be ready when you start shakin' and bakin'.

toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 6:48pm
post #5 of 14

I get mine from www.karenscookies.net. She has all sizes, does fast shipping, good prices

Cookie45 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie45 Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 1:21am
post #6 of 14

Country Kitchen Sweetart in Ft. Wayne, IN has a great selection and quick mail order service.

bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 1:33am
post #7 of 14

I just bought some today at Michael's a package of 100 the smaller 4X6 bags for $3.99 and I had a 25% off coupon.

mellormom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mellormom Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 1:34am
post #8 of 14

Walmart sells these bags from Hefty that are just like the bread bags only sandwich size. They are great and no cutting necessary! They even fit some of my lager cookies. They also come with red ties but they are not very pretty.
Jen...

marypatino23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marypatino23 Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 3:45am
post #9 of 14

Thankyou so much for all of your suggestions they are so helpful. Sadly, I dont have a HobbyLobby close to me. I live in Las Vegas but everything else I find incredibly useful.

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 11:53am
post #10 of 14

I buy mine at uline. They have every size and mil that you would want, great customer service. The downside is you have to buy a 1,000. The upside is you don't run out very often, if you are a friends and family baker like I am. At least you are not sitting there wondering if you have a coupon to run to the store with icon_smile.gif

jovigirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jovigirl Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 12:15pm
post #11 of 14

I normally just use sandwich bags (fold lock) I normally cut open the folded part then just tie curly ribbon around it you can put a fairly big cookie in it or a smaller cookie & just cut off the excess bag...

HTH thumbs_up.gif

CNCS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CNCS Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 2:24pm
post #12 of 14

Nashville wraps.

kendraskitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kendraskitchen Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 1:42am
post #13 of 14

I've used the Glad bags too and they are great. If I want to package the cookie up a little bit nicer though, I use a cello bag. There are two kinds that I've used, one has pleats to accommodate a larger cookie (bag can be used for lots of things) or one without pleats. I tie my bag up with a nice bow and give as gifts. If they are just for my kids though - they get the cheaper bags.
http://www.cakencrumbs.com/productslist.asp?pid=23&sub=packaging

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 1:55am
post #14 of 14

There are some good idea's out there. Thanks for sharing! I'll have to check some of those out. I normally get mine at Michael's as well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%