7Yr Old Girl's Bday Cake For St Patricks Day Help Asap!!!

Decorating By mommakristin Updated 15 Mar 2009 , 2:34pm by mommakristin

mommakristin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommakristin Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 2:10pm
post #1 of 5

Good morning all,

I am in need of some help here.
I have been asked by a friend to make a cake for his daughter's 7th b-day which is on St Patty's day. It's a small cake which is why I was okay taking the order at such a short notice. Anyways to my dilema...

The b-day girl LOVES that her birthday is on St Patty's day. They want clovers on the cake along with her name, but she also likes pink and purple. how do I design this cake so that it's not all about the clovers but then again not all about the pink and purple??? I want it to be girly for her but she loves the St. Patty's part. UGH!!!

I am at a standstill on this cake.. Where do I begin my design??

Thanks for any help you can give me!!!!

4 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jonahsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jonahsmom Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 2:43pm
post #3 of 5

Instead of green clovers couldn't you include pink and purple clovers? To make it sparkly you could maybe paint on some luster dust on the clovers? I know it's not an extravagant idea, but it would include some of the St. Patty's theme...

Cakeonista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeonista Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 2:45pm
post #4 of 5

How about a pretty angel or fairy around a St. Patrick's theme, shamrocks, flowers and grass maybe on a blue background so it doesn't seem all about St. Patrick's day? HTH

mommakristin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommakristin Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 2:34pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks for the ideas!! The cake is a surprise for her. Her dad ordered it for just her, her two sisters, him, and the grandma. So it won't be big. Just something special to celebrate on her actual day since she will be with him.

I will start baking the cake today since I work tomorrow all day. Cross your fingers that she will love the cake! I am nervous about it..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%