I Want To Make People Out Of Fondant!!

Decorating By mcdonald Updated 12 Mar 2009 , 10:36pm by bashini

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 9:04pm
post #1 of 4

I am so mad at my self and so discouraged. I want so bad to make the cute little things everyone puts on their cakes.... from pregnant woman characters to little bears, etc.... I have tried a few times but they always look like crap !!! thumbsdown.gif !!!! I just can't get the proportions for one thing. I have no idea where to start. Does anyone have any good books, utube videos, etc.. that they could suggest for a beginner on this???

I wanna do this so bad!!!!! UGH!!!

3 replies
mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 9:36pm
post #2 of 4

I know the cake guru's are out there somewhere, ready to share their ultimate wisdom on those less fortunate !!!!!.....

sheilabelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sheilabelle Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 9:56pm
post #3 of 4

If you go to youtube and search for aine2 videos, she shows wonderful ways to make figurines. Also, if you to go to her site "Extra Icing On The Cake" she sells her tutorials. I also purchased a book "Sculpy clay the Sculpy way" they show in good detail how to make some really cute figurines. I purchased the book off of Amazon for about $12.00. I love it.

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 10:36pm
post #4 of 4

Hi there, aine2 is the way to go.

First I would advice you to make your figures from either with 50/50 store bought gumpaste and fondant, or 1/2 teaspoon of CMC/Tylose powder added to 250g of fondant. These are more pliable and give you time to work and get the end result you want.

Here is a link from aine2's videos on how to make this paste,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQtehRE7VQw&feature=channel_page

She has some great tutorials which you can buy online. Here is a link to her website,
http://extraicingonthecake.com/#/welcome/4530751764

She also got some free videos and step by steps, which are really helpful.

thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%